Remap 199 to 150?

@DaveD

Just done a 350 mile round trip, started and finished in a fuel station, filled it up to first click, drove exactly 349.6 miles filled up to first click, fuel price exactly the same, all motorway miles except for 20, representing 10 to and fro motorway, kept speed between 70-75

total cost £61.00
Litres 47
Mpg calculator online = 33.85

what you think?
I don't think that's too bad, yes some people get more, but some get less. If you sat at 65 on the motorway you'd see better economy but you've got places to be and work to do.
I sit at the same speed as you, it's easier driving too.

@DaveD

Just done a 350 mile round trip, started and finished in a fuel station, filled it up to first click, drove exactly 349.6 miles filled up to first click, fuel price exactly the same, all motorway miles except for 20, representing 10 to and fro motorway, kept speed between 70-75

total cost £61.00
Litres 47
Mpg calculator online = 33.85

what you think?
Out if interest your calculations gets 33.85mpg, but what did the onboard display think you were getting?

@Skyliner33 I average 400 on the full tank, my 150 was returning 520
Get this for ridiculous on Parker’s website it rates a full tank at 646 !!!!! And that’s on BOTH 150 and 199 models
Starting to totally disbelieve the gumf put out by these so called dealers and knowledgeables’ info on this forum is by far more realistic

I’m looking for an alternative motor, maybe something in addition to my velle and not instead of

That’s a good point about type of van- mines a kombi, Although I do carry spares and tools in the back but I’m guessing a caravelle is still considerably heavier.

So, finally collected my van today after conversion completed. First time I’ve actually seen or driven it, so after reading this thread earlier this week, thought I’d see how it fared on mpg. It’s a new SWB 150 manual highline, with a full conversion running on standard 16inch factory claytons and tyres. Not sure on weight of conversion, but it’s got a pop top, solar, full EHU, water, seat/bed, full kitchen units, fridge, underslung gas tank and 80lt fuel tank. So not light.

Gave it a good 250 mile run home, having filled diesel to max and added some Millers ecomax. First half of journey was single track A roads, max 60mph (and a good few miles static or crawling through Dorset) second half was motorways, up to 75, not much use of aircon, and a good 45mins more or less crawling on the M25. So a mix of driving, and the overall return was 43.9 mpg. Id been expecting low to mid 30’s, so was very pleasantly surprised!

That was calculated on refill when home, so actual fuel used. Interestingly, it also aligned reasonably well with the van calculations, which put it at 42.9 mpg, so VW software is close but slightly under real world in my van.

If it stays around those numbers on mpg, I’ll be well pleased.

That’s interesting about van calculations vs real world- I’m finding just the same thing, my real world calculations are around 1 mpg better than the vw software.

@Ozi. Congratulations on the unicorn. Out of interest, how many miles has it done in total?

Last edited:
Back