Buying advice high mileage highline Vs low mileage startline t6.1

sipep

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all.

I don't have deep pockets, I've been reading lots of threads.

Lots of people have wish lists such as:

LED headlights
DSG
150 bhp
Tail gate.

My budget is £26000 for the van. I won't get all the fancy stuff..

I can get;

Startline 2020, t6.1 with 37k mileage. (Approx £24k)

I've seen a highline 2020 with 82k mileage for (£25k) with tail gate.

My heart says always go for low mileage.. I could get the bumpers for the startline for about £400 , someone on Facebook seems to be selling original t6.1 painted bumpers cheap.

Does the startline have Aircon? That would be my reason for the highline (unless start line has it)

I paid a premium to get one as I wanted (highline, dsg, tailgate, twin slide, sport kit etc) I don't regret it as I didnt want to start messing with it once I had it.

I may change the wheels at some point but that's about it.

Have you sat in or drove a t6 highline or 6.1 startline I suggest going around and having a look at your local dealers to get a feel for what you may like or dislike

Ours is a 'poverty-line' T28, but with the business pack so rear parking sensors, AC, cruise (but not adaptive), 5 of the gears (couldn't justify/afford another £10k for 6 speed). Front and back had been coloured in nicely and fully campervanised. No LED headlights yet, although probably THQ ones probably after I've done the Michelin cross climates. Absolutely no regrets, drives beautifully, less to go wrong! I would always go with the lower miles, ours had 16k on it and it does everything we want absolutely perfectly. When I eventually get to claim an inheritance (I do hope my mum isn't reading this) I will then potentially look at an upgrade to 6 of the gears with more buttons to press upfront! Best money I spent on it was a suspension upgrade through Steve @CRS Performance , budget a couple of bags of sand for that, money well spent.

What engine is in them would sway me , you’ll end up throwing loads of money at which ever you buy, mine was a start line with no air con , but I never use air con in my other vehicles that have anyway .

Mine was a 110 but has been mapped to 150 a safe but effective increase, we did Scotland last year in a 110 which was gutless when the right foot went down. Foolishly perhaps, I told the insurance company about the mapping who weren't concerned at all.

Ours is a 110 start line with business pack, air con was a must, we are currently in Croatia and it's 30 degrees. Was basic when we got it but now has been played with, quite a lot. 340mm brakes, koni activ shocks and h & r anti roll bars (Steve at CRS) and led front and rear lights from transporter hq. Fully loaded does 40mpg on a run and surprises a few cars around the bends. Seat changes are easy to two singles ( we have bmw 2 series m sport ones which are a doddle to fit). Get buying and get spending :thumbsup:

Hi all.

I don't have deep pockets, I've been reading lots of threads.

Lots of people have wish lists such as:

LED headlights
DSG
150 bhp
Tail gate.

My budget is £26000 for the van. I won't get all the fancy stuff..

I can get;

Startline 2020, t6.1 with 37k mileage. (Approx £24k)

I've seen a highline 2020 with 82k mileage for (£25k) with tail gate.

My heart says always go for low mileage.. I could get the bumpers for the startline for about £400 , someone on Facebook seems to be selling original t6.1 painted bumpers cheap.
I’d be more interested in the service history and previous life.

If the Highline has a full service history and did it’s miles running up and down the motorway, it could be better than the low mileage startline if that has no history and has been doing loads of stop-start deliverie…

Back