Recovery vehicle on the way.....

First, thank you @Deaky , @Shredder and many others for sharing your experiences!
Reading dreadful sorties of yours make me wonder whether we are just lucky or Velles/Multivans are made with greater attention as we haven't got any issues with now 2y old T6Velle (14000 miles on the clock and still 3000miles /90days to go to first service)????
The only thing is that it had to be recalled for software update and oil system?fault or something like that, which never did show on dash.

Did that good fortune last? I’m having coolant loss every 200miles, (2 days) tank going from max to min and alert on dash in my 67 ‘Velle

AA pressure test today shows normal result so advised not EGR but new engine, under warranty still thankfully, hoping VW don’t try to play it down and I’m in and out of there over the next few weeks And months

I’m having the same issue with the constant coolant loss and issues turning over the engine when cold. Since removing my coolant lid slightly so pressure can’t build and I haven’t had a problem since, starts 1st time every time. Took it into VW and told them the issues so pressure tested the coolant system and found the egr coolant to be losing pressure. I’m now told as it is just out of warranty it will £1500 to supply and fit a new egr coolant etc. Seems a little steep? What do you guys think?

I’m having the same issue with the constant coolant loss and issues turning over the engine when cold. Since removing my coolant lid slightly so pressure can’t build and I haven’t had a problem since, starts 1st time every time. Took it into VW and told them the issues so pressure tested the coolant system and found the egr coolant to be losing pressure. I’m now told as it is just out of warranty it will £1500 to supply and fit a new egr coolant etc. Seems a little steep? What do you guys think?

how far out of warranty? given it is clearly a well known issues i would expect some contribution from vw, do you have full vw history?

how far out of warranty? given it is clearly a well known issues i would expect some contribution from vw, do you have full vw history?

a point to note, all warranties Are a bit like mot right now, vw told me they had extended warranties that were due to expire in lockdown from March onwards

Egr valve replaced, naturally they discovered lots of advisory’s to try and get a cheeky grand out of me, I declined as can sort self

now to test their efforts, velle out for the day today, only 150 miles so tomorrow or day after if not sorted I’ll expect to need to top up coolant, it was going for about 300/400 miles between top ups, I have ensured to get them to agree that it’s an ongoing matter if it continues and still under warranty

watch this space,

Back