Recovery vehicle on the way.....

Deaky

Life’s too short to drink shite beer
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Came out to go home from work and the van wouldn't start. It was almost like the battery was flat. Tried again a few minutes later and it would turn over but not start. I called VW assistance. I went back out to try again. This time it would turn over and try to run. The check coolant warning light came on. I went back and waited for VW assistance.

The mechanic managed to start it but it was very lumpy. The coolant bottle was nearly empty and there is white smoke from the exhaust.

His verdict... head gasket or some associated cooling pipe leaking into the engine. The flat battery he recons was a cylinder full of water stopping the engine turning over.

Just waiting for the tow truck now. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Ooo blimey. Let’s hope nothing got bent in trying to compress the water through keep trying to get it to start.

Started sweet as a nut to pull round to the recovery truck. Let’s hope the dealer gets it sorted quickly :(

2D3D00A7-C0BC-441B-B179-518A22FA3247.jpeg

Eeeek. That is not a sight I want to see with mine... ever!

Feel for you Deaky, lets hope it's a simple fix.

It’s been delivered to VW Birmingham this morning but they can’t look at it until Monday. Let’s hope it’s nothing too serious :confused:

It’s been delivered to VW Birmingham this morning but they can’t look at it until Monday. Let’s hope it’s nothing too serious :confused:
Frustrating. Have they given you a replacement in the meantime?

I'm sure you will be the first to keep us updated. Let's hope it has the fault when they get to it on Monday. I hate it when things go wrong, and when you take it in to be looked at, the fault has vanished!

Haven’t requested a replacement yet @DaveyB thought I’d wait till they’ve looked at it Monday.

A little update. They’ve had the van since Saturday but only looked at it today. Because of the age of the van they recon they can’t do anything to it until they’ve consulted with VW. WV might want them to run an extended road test and supply them live data from the engine. :(

Last edited:
Sending healing vibes to your T6 mate, we had a thread on the T2 Latebay forum called “the ones who didn’t make it back” and there were quite a few posts, not something you expect to see here, I hope you get the issue resolved soon.

Sending healing vibes to your T6 mate, we had a thread on the T2 Latebay forum called “the ones who didn’t make it back” and there were quite a few posts, not something you expect to see here, I hope you get the issue resolved soon.
Not something you'd expect, I agree. However, there have been a worrying amount of members informing us of all manner of woes. @Twoguns, and @Caravellet6 for starters.
However, fingers definately crossed that you get a fix PDQ, and that it comes back to you better than ever @Deaky

I don't know whether I'm the only one, but when I read posts like this I always wonder a). was I right to buy a T6 in the first place, and b). does anyone have a reliable one??
(Not that I've had any issues with mine).

Tell the dealer thaf you want to reject the van - this should sharpen their response. Why do they need to consult with VW ? And I would not want some oik giving my brand new van an extended road test/spanking.

I don't know whether I'm the only one, but when I read posts like this I always wonder a). was I right to buy a T6 in the first place, and b). does anyone have a reliable one??
(Not that I've had any issues with mine).
Answer to a) YES
Answer to b) Nobody dare say incase they jinx something!!!!
Hope it's sorted soon mate.....feeling your pain!:(

Back