Recommendation Needed

The_Lad

T6 Guru
Can anyone recommend me a campsite for the fist weekend of July? I’m looking for

1. Dog friendly campsite
2. Nearby dog friendly pub
3. Quiet ie as few other people as possible
4. Near a dog friendly beach, or if not decent dog walking nearby

Warcombe Farm Camping & Caravan Park - Official Site

we have stayed here a few times
there's a good pub down in the village 15 minute walk plenty of great walks suitable for dogs and humans
the facilities on this site are excellent
and if you get a pitch at the bottom of the site there are great views across the Bristol channel to Wales
the first weekend in July should be quite all oldies like us and not many kids

Try the gaggle of geese, its very dog friendly & just north of Dorchester.

https://www.pitchup.com/campsites/E...9-07-06&depart=2019-07-07&adults=2&children=0

It’s basically a pub with a camping field, they only have about 30 pitches.

We walked to the Cerne Abbas Giant, approx 4.5 miles each way with a couple of good pubs in the village for a freshener before the walk home.

We were there with the dog a few weeks ago and will defiantly go back.

How about Glastonbury? We stayed at a lovely place which was located at the foot of the Tor and so great for dog walks. There's even a brewery at the end of the road!

The facilities are excellent, probably the best I've come across so far. They love dogs and you can get some great treats from the shop such as doggy ice cream and a load of home made stuff. The shop also stocks fresh food sourced locally including steaks, bacon, eggs, sausages etc, as well as local ciders and ales. What's not to like? They also have a take-away service, Indian, Chinese, fish and chips etc, so if you don't want to take a load of food with you, you can buy it there.

Old Oaks | Award Winning Touring, Camping & Glamping In Somerset

Best avoided this week mind, unless you don't mind sharing the area with 300 odd thousand festival goers!

Its probably too far from the West coast but we have just been to the CAMC site at Cromer for a long we.
Great walks from the site and couple of nice pubs in East and West Brunton.
Cromer is walkable from the site also.
Plenty of dogs on the site so I assume it must have been good.
Great beaches in walking distance.
Good quiet cycling routes also.
And a very nice NT property.

Back