Beachside dog friendly campsite recommendations

borat

VIP Member
T6 Pro
This weekend will be our first weekend away in the van and weather is looking good! We are in the midlands and trying to decide which coast to head towards. One theory was that Easter may be a better time to head to Cornwall but my fear is with a balmy Easter weekend millions may think the same! We like north Devon so that’s an option. We were also pondering South Wales
Any recommendations of campsites close to or ideally next to beach that allow dogs? I’ve been surprised by the number that say no dogs :(

Thanks

If the beach gets “washed” by the tide every day, dogs are usually allowed all year. For example, Watergate Bay in Cornwall.

The issue is the owners failing to pick up that causes these restrictions

Yep agreed. That said I didn’t think this would equate to as many sites not allowing dogs. Even beaches that don’t allow dogs normally have walking routes around them. Anyway any recommendations would be appreciated. Is Newquay a good option?

Watergate Bay is about 5 miles from Newquay. The campsites allow dogs too. Only drawback is that it has become quite “snobby” over the last few years - the holidaymakers seem to be both inbred and have a sense of entitlement!

Campsite is fine and there is a lovely cliff walk to the beach or over the opposite direction to Morgan Porth (dogs also allowed!) The beach is big enough that you can get away from the knobs.

Gwithian Farm campsite on north Cornwall coast. Dogs allowed on site and about 3 miles of beach, I’m pretty sure there is only a small part closed to dogs.

Reactions: JOG
We ended up at the view watergate bay. Really good - friendly, clean showers and toilets and a lot quieter than we expected. Had a pitch at the front overlooking the coast. It’s about a 5 min walk to coastal path and 10 to watergate bay. We will be going back.

Yep, that’s the campsite next to the club site at Tregurrian. Easy walk to the coastal path and down into Watergate Bay beach

Back