Buxton campsites

Pete C

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Anyone got any recommendations for campsites near Buxton that are open now (i.e. open all year) ?

Ideally within walking distance of a pub ;)

Cheers,

Pete

We stayed at the CAMC site at Chatsworth Last week. It seemed a decent site (albeit because of a problem with van we left in the night)! The site is on the Chatsworth Estate and is about 20 mins walk to pubs in Baslow. It is 25 mins drive to Buxton.

Castleton C&MC even better if you can get in, Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese and 3-4 other pubs within staggering distance!

Near Buxton, no sites closer than Lime Tree Park that I know of; don't think there is a pub close.

We liked Monyash, good site and good pub.

Castleton C&MC even better if you can get in, Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese and 3-4 other pubs within staggering distance!

That one appears to be fully booked every weekend for the rest of the year !

Pete

Near Buxton, no sites closer than Lime Tree Park that I know of; don't think there is a pub close.

We liked Monyash, good site and good pub.

Thanks. Will have a look at those.

Pete

Reactions: CAB
That one appears to be fully booked every weekend for the rest of the year !

Pete
Currently C&MC have a no deposit policy.

Have a look the Monday /Tuesday before the weekend, there will often be spaces opened up as members cancel.

Same with Chatsworth :thumbsup:

Unless you have a specific reason to visit Buxton, I'd pick one of the others mentioned here. Especially if you intend to go for a few drinks at night.

Unless you have a specific reason to visit Buxton, I'd pick one of the others mentioned here. Especially if you intend to go for a few drinks at night.

Yes, Buxton was an approximate area. We have stayed in the C&MC site there before, but that's closed for the winter.
We might try this one - pub is close enough and we can take bikes for the Monsal Trail.

Pete

Reactions: CAB
I live about 10 mins away from Castleton and drive past that site often and I’m always amazed how busy it is.
I drove by it a couple of weeks ago as I was going that way for a walk. It looked heaving and as you say, it always seems to be.

Yes, Buxton was an approximate area. We have stayed in the C&MC site there before, but that's closed for the winter.
We might try this one - pub is close enough and we can take bikes for the Monsal Trail.

Pete
I can recommend Beech Croft Farm, though the hard standings are very hard if trying to get pegs in.
It’s a bit of a walk to the pub (we went to the Church Inn in Chelmorton) but not too bad with bikes. Not only are you close to the Monsal Trail, but we also cycled to the Tissington Trail and then the High Peak Trail.

We have stayed at Beech Croft Farm several times but only once on the hard standings as @Shaun Witts says they are very hard. But the facilities are very good and always clean.

Back