Railsail Awning

Sabre

VIP Member
T6 Legend
For anyone that has a RailSail, how have you configured your guy ropes to give you the flexibility for any configuration?
If you put poles in then your guy ropes need to be long to reach the ground, but, if you are in stealth mode and just use it to cover the door or perhaps with a single pole, then the sail is closer to the ground, thus the guy ropes cant be too long?
Im wondering whether I could make one guy rope to manage the two lengths, then tie up the end that isnt being used.
Or am I just overthinking this?
:D

With my tent I used to take all of the guys off and attach to the grommets in the canvas via small carabiners - different length guys then become interchangeable. If the grommets are too small to take a carabiner you could always tie a short loop of guy line into the grommet and attach via that.

I have a rail sail and bought a few metres of sailing paracord with a reflective strip in it. I then use these ring guy tensioners. I find they are easier to grab hold of and slide.

If I have it shirt to the floor I just loop round a peg and hook over the top of the pole. I also have adjustable poles that I can take a section out as well as an adjuster to lower or heighten as I wish.

IMG_20190627_184828__01.jpg IMG_20190627_184810__01.jpg

Like those, thanks @$immo where did you get those ring things from? Not seem those. Im waiting for some flat traditional ones to turn up...
But essentially, it looks like im overthinking it!

Off Amazon, took a week to come from China.
10pcs Anti Slip 3-Hole Alloy Cord Rope Fastener Guyline Runners for Camping Hiking---Red https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MLTV976/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_serfDb4N4C149

yes you could be over thinking it, have used mine in 35°c in France, in pouring rain. Its now all we use really. Mine is now faded a bit through over use but still waterproof and showing no other signs of wear.

Currently in Dorset with it.

Thanks @$immo. No time to order those before CJ next week so gotta hope the others turn up... Will take my reflective guy line and make them up on Friday, with a beer.

hi guys quick Q regarding the Kiravan railsail.

I have fitted in two C awning rails into the roof channels on my SWB T6. these come as 247cm long. the railsail kador is 265cm long .

im guessing this would not be compatible and i should forget using the rail sail. or are there mods out there that people have done to compensate?

I have a railsail and a 250cm rail. I just leave a bit sticking out either end. It's not a problem

Back