Radio Station Logos.

Yeah, trying with the usb port and an android phone this time. I can find the logo file on my phone searching through the head unit, ie GBR_2020.... But it seems to only recognise music files. Wont entertain the .png file format.

20200504_185419.jpg

So i did mine at the weekend but the process wasn’t quite as described here. Granted my head unit isn’t the basic one but this may help someone

They way I did it is as follows:
1. Turn the radio on and switch it to DAB
2. Press the radio settings icon (not the main setup button). This gives access to a bunch of settings specific to the radio inc logos
3. Press the Station logos icon
4. Select the location where you wish to add the logo and then scroll through the files on the USB or SD card and select the one you want. I used a USB flash drive.

855E050A-2A13-4B50-804F-B8D4043795EA.jpeg6AE3B723-9E1F-4334-B9EE-B322BAF99086.jpeg14A9BDCC-4CA6-48FF-B44A-7FD1CB508D6E.jpeg

Thanks @Big.mac . Sadly that menu on the basic colour comp doesn't have the station logo option, like yours. For those of us with a poverty spec wireless, maybe just print off the logos on a sheet of A4, cut them out, prix stick them onto the screen.:confused:

Come up with a hurdle....

loaded the missing logos fine and they show in the preset list. But when I select Station info, where the logo supposed to be is not showing. Yet the default ones like the bbc radio logos are fine.

Am I missing something here fellas??

this is what I’m getting. Fine on the presets1B34E33C-E4FD-4DDF-98A1-D279DBCA99FF.jpeg99E37C53-D3D4-410A-B97E-BCC021804120.jpeg

But not on the station info

Last edited:
Have you rebooted the unit? (30 second press of the power button )

Come up with a hurdle....

loaded the missing logos fine and they show in the preset list. But when I select Station info, where the logo supposed to be is not showing. Yet the default ones like the bbc radio logos are fine.

Am I missing something here fellas??

this is what I’m getting. Fine on the presetsView attachment 68637View attachment 68638

But not on the station info
I just popped out to check mine and it seems it is the same. Hadn’t noticed before because i just added them and left the radio in the preset list screen. ☹️

I just popped out to check mine and it seems it is the same. Hadn’t noticed before because i just added them and left the radio in the preset list screen. ☹

Im glad mines not the only one then. Yet the default BBC logos are fine

Does it need a larger size version logo file for that?

Okay, so I got the manual out for the infotainment system and that large logo is not a station logo. It is called the dab station slideshow and it is provided over the air from the broadcaster. So if its blank, then the station is not sending it, but due to the data rate, it may be transferred but after a delay.

I changed my basic composition colour for a Kenwood 8180 dabs and expected it to show station logos . No joy
Emailed Kenwood and they confirmed that very few stations broadcast the artwork. I have scoured the internet to try find out about DAB logos being transmitted. They don’t, not yet !

Right had some success tonight with logos showing in station info.

You need to download the Radio Station Data update. As it seems VW doesn’t pre-install this from here:

This update installs a lot of logos into the head unit that then show in the station info.

unfortunately Capital and Kisstory still aren’t there but hopefully future updates may

I had a play with mine this morning and found that some of the logos in the VW download are quite small and only appear on the preset but not in the slideshow (slideshow is replaced with the logo if no slideshow is transmitted by the station)
I found that if you download the logo from media.info - worldwide media contacts and information it works in both the preset and the station info view and slideshow view.
The following are ones I had to add to my presets this morning.
capital-london.pngabsolute-radio-90s.pngbbc-radio-2.pngabsolute-80s.pngbbc-radio-gloucestershire.pngbbc-radio-5-live-sports-extra.pngheart-8.pngbbc-radio-1.pngfree-radio-3.pnglike-radio.pngfree-radio-80s.png

Last edited:
I came to a similar conclusion. It is something to do with the size of the logo file. I used the VW version for WAve105 from Media.info and it showed in preset list but not slideshow. This morning I downloaded a different version from the VW zip and that works in both views.
The latest VW list is below, Kisstory is in the list @Thegee6

Sadly my DAB has stopped working completely now so I’m off to reboot the head unit to see if I can sort that out :(

OK Guys I think I have sorted it. This is what I did. I went to media.info and went to the stations I was interested in (e.g. Capital). Instead of using the link ‘get a Capital South Coast logo for your VW car radio’,
I clicked the link to go to ‘Capital South Coast logo archive’
from there I right clicked the main logo and saved it to my PC, copied it to a USB stick and then used that version as the logo on the radio. Voila, all seems to work nicely now.

58D9C77E-0794-4232-929A-EA51E436C017.jpegD10419A5-CF2B-4803-BEC2-19342542F102.jpeg0A71F458-C8C1-429F-AE57-08EF1E7F6314.jpeg

I came to a similar conclusion. It is something to do with the size of the logo file. I used the VW version for WAve105 from Media.info and it showed in preset list but not slideshow. This morning I downloaded a different version from the VW zip and that works in both views.
The latest VW list is below, Kisstory is in the list @Thegee6
Sadly my DAB has stopped working completely now so I’m off to reboot the head unit to see if I can sort that out :(

I tried the vw pack earlier and a lot of them are small square logos not wide ones so don't fit the format of the presents.
In that set BBC Radio 2 is;
BBC_Radio_2.png
But this one fits better.

bbc-radio-2.png

However, despite the high resolution of these, the VW head unit shows just a crappy scaled-up thumbnail of the one you uploaded.

Last edited:
Thanks guys I will try again.
The funny thing is though I have had the logos logos I’ve manually added display in the station info. But then when I switched the head unit off and back on after a minute, the logos would not reappear again in the station info.

@Big.mac @Loz
So you think it’s only down to a size format that’s causing the problem? Also the link to the logos is the same as on the VW.de website for download and I tried the Kisstory one off there

Back