Radio Station Logos.

Hinsley

T6 Pro
Thought I'd try to fill some of the missing radio logos in DAB and FM.

Downloaded the latest set from T6Forum and VW and merged the two but still had gaps. Googled it hoping to find something with all of them but nothing seemed to have a full up to date logos.

I did find this site that lets you search and download VW friendly logos!

https://media.info/uk/radio

Last edited:
awesome: I've added it to the main thread =]

Map Software Update - How We Did It -

Thanks @Dellmassive I've also cut the instructions from their website:

Find your favourite stations
To find a logo for your favourite radio station...

• Search for the station (using the search at the top-right of this page).
  • Scroll down to the bottom of the page
  • You'll find a link marked "Get a logo for your VW car radio"
This page will give you a correctly-sized logo, named in a sensible way to help you. You'll also find full details of how to get that logo onto your car radio.

Does anyone know how to get the radio station logos on their stereo?. Mine had them for a while but now some have disappeared.

I've tried a reset and a new search on the headset but i still get the ones that were there before.

The station logos help you to easily find the station you want to listen to.

DAB/Radio station logos are manually copied over to a spare SDcard you have (not the maps sdcard):

Radio Station logos for your infotainment system.
It is even easier to find your favourite station with the right logo. A wealth of original broadcaster logos, which you can install on your radio or navigation system (composition media, Discovermedia, Discover Pro), can be downloaded here as a ZIP file.
The link below offers you the channel logos for Great Britain in ZIP format. The logos are only provided for use in Volkswagen Radio systems (composition media, Discovermedia, Discover Pro). No other use is permitted.

Download Great Britain radio station logos.zip

How to install the logos on your system:
1. Simply save the file to a directory of your choice with a click on the link below.
2. Unzip the zip file and search for the relevant logos.
3. Copy this to an SD card.
4. Then, connect the storage medium to your infotainment system.
5. Now you can import the desired logos into your device.
6. To do this, tap the Setup button and then tap Sender logos.
7. Now tap the desired station button to which a logo is to be assigned.
8. Select the source on which you saved the image (e.g., SD1) and select the logo.
9. Repeat this process for other logos, and return to the main radio menu by pressing the radio button.
10. The SD card can then be removed.

EDIT: credit: @Hinsley
Thought I'd try to fill some of the missing radio logos in DAB and FM.
Downloaded the latest set from T6Forum and VW and merged the two but still had gaps. Googled it hoping to find something with all of them but nothing seemed to have a full up to date logos.
I did find this site that lets you search and download VW friendly logos!

Find your favourite stations
To find a logo for your favourite radio station...

• Search for the station (using the search at the top-right of this page).
  • Scroll down to the bottom of the page
  • You'll find a link marked "Get a logo for your VW car radio"
This page will give you a correctly-sized logo, named in a sensible way to help you. You'll also find full details of how to get that logo onto your car radio.

Radio stations in the UK

you can also "delete all" and start a fresh in the radio menu.

Thanks as always @Dellamasive for coming through with that. However i have handed the task over to my it/techie guru chap who is a lot younger and more pc savvy than i am..:(..watch this space.

@Dellmassive. A quick revival of this thread...
Is there a format the SD card has to be in to load the logos onto the head unit? I’ve formatted my card to FAT32 ready to copy the logos onto it. Is this the correct format? Cheers

They probably can be imported from the USB also?...my golf was missing some so i downloaded logos on my android phone, plunged phone in to my car so it appeared as an external drive in the infotainment an imported from there.

@Dellmassive. A quick revival of this thread...
Is there a format the SD card has to be in to load the logos onto the head unit? I’ve formatted my card to FAT32 ready to copy the logos onto it. Is this the correct format? Cheers
Fat32 should be fine.

If it's not recognized a different card. Older card. Smaller size card. Or as above USB.

I've got a few 4GB, 8GB, 16gb cards floating around that I use.

See the main thread here:

lower down this thread...

Map Software Update - How We Did It -

also autostore in the menu.

If memory serves me correct, last time I tried this on the colour comp head, the step at part 6 above didn't have an option for sender logos. Will give it another look.

Back