Puncture: Replace or Repair?

Went like a scalded cat!
And that's why the fuzz used them! There's an awesome restoration of a Mk1 VRS being documented extremely well on Briskoda taking it back to its former Police glory with all original kit - even the same radio that used to be in the car when it was in service.

Pretty mind-blowing and worth a read!

This is just between you and me. :cautious: I was always a bit sceptical about Skodas claimed top speed of 145mph for the VRS Mk1. I was coming back from Southend in mine one night on the A13 at 4.00am. With no lights in the distance and non in the mirror I decided to see what it could really do. Being a driver since the sixties and used to clinging on to a vibrating steering wheel and all the noise of a classic car going at 60mph I couldn’t believe how smoothly it accelerated past 100mph. Not the slightest rattle, vibration or wind noise. It continued on up to 145mph and was still accelerating at 147mph. I then decided this was getting silly as if a set of red lights appeared in the distance, even a mile away I would be up on them in a moment. Which would be a bit of a give-away if it was a police car. So I bottled out…very impressed. :thumbsup:

• Haha
Reactions: JOG
This is just between you and me. :cautious: I was always a bit sceptical about Skodas claimed top speed of 145mph for the VRS Mk1. I was coming back from Southend in mine one night on the A13 at 4.00am. With no lights in the distance and non in the mirror I decided to see what it could really do. Being a driver since the sixties and used to clinging on to a vibrating steering wheel and all the noise of a classic car going at 60mph I couldn’t believe how smoothly it accelerated past 100mph. Not the slightest rattle, vibration or wind noise. It continued on up to 145mph and was still accelerating at 147mph. I then decided this was getting silly as if a set of red lights appeared in the distance, even a mile away I would be up on them in a moment. Which would be a bit of a give-away if it was a police car. So I bottled out…very impressed. :thumbsup:
I bottled it at that speed too!

My turn :cry:

I've had more nails and screws in tyres since owning the van than my entire history of cars combined

tyre screw.jpg

Finally found the cause of a drop in air pressure on one tyre…Rang my goto tyre dealer …Jeffreys Performance Tyres ( Warrington)..
tyre repaired/rebalanced …..excellent service……:)

E4EB45E6-0DAB-45B4-92E5-19EFBF679EC9.jpeg842055EB-E8AE-41FA-A415-54644A473401.jpeg

Back