Problems fitting alpine halo 9 in T5.1 dash infill

Tyrrell

Hi im just fitting a halo 9 into my t5.1. I bought the fitting kit below but i cant seem to work out how they intended the head unit to sit in the cut outs as there too big? if i used the metal mounting brackets that where fitted to my other head unit the plastic facia then clashes and cant be fitted. what have other people used?
1706382642895.png

The fascia goes on after the unit is fitted into the dash. I don’t know how different the 5.1 is from the T6 with regards dash/fitting but this might help.

i did find that video, they seem to use a different fasica as theres no centre divider. i have a similar pair of metal brackets but when there fitted to the side of the head unit it clashes with the plastic fasica and it doesn't sit flat.

the cage seems is too big to fit in the fasica from the front you would really have to force it?
View attachment 227430
Yes but there is a technique if you're struggling to fit it (it does fit)...

Squash is in the middle (top and bottom) and slide it in. Then open it back up once it's in the cage lip meets the fascia.

The Halo chassis will fill it back to its original shape and allow the cage to secure itself to the fascia

Or if you don't want to force it, order the VW single DIN fascia adapter which the cage fits perfectly. You'll need to trim the rest a little for the looms but it's miles easier than fighting with an aftermarket fascia adapter

Thankyou craig, just followed your advice pinching the cage in the middle and it fits! just looking at your picture, have you cut the black plastic sheet that came with the head unit to fit the gap thats left?

Thankyou craig, just followed your advice pinching the cage in the middle and it fits! just looking at your picture, have you cut the black plastic sheet that came with the head unit to fit the gap thats left?
No, just used an Alpine standard single DIN radio surround such as:

Back