Pre Cut Cnc Machined Plywood Panels. Poor Quality

SB6

T6 Pro
Has anyone else purchased pre cut plywood panels?

Just trying to fit the ones I bought months ago and pretty much none of the holes line up.
Not impressed, as I used a hot glue gun to stick the hidden fasteners in.

Lucky I tested them before carpeting.

When I say the holes don’t line up, I mean half the holes in the plywood, don’t show the full metal hole underneath and will need re drilling. I thought these were CNC machined and drilled.

Very poor, won’t mention the company unless someone asks, but they have been mentioned on the forum before.

No, the sun is shining, just wanted to get the job done and the Mrs is moaning at me. :)

I have widened the holes now, in the direction needed, using a wood file, so all ok now.

i had the same, in particular the floor i bought was terrible, but the side panels also required adjustment

Yep, mine were shocking, exchanged the side panels once and too the roof panels back as it started to delaminate and got a refund. If I order more I will tell them not to drill holes and I will do myself.

Yes, just a bit peeved off, that I have had to do any work on the panels.

I could have cut all the panels myself and drilled the holes, but I thought pre cut and drilled would save me a lot of time.

Surely if they have a CNC machine and templates, the holes etc would be bang on.

After all, the holes in the van dont change.

Yes, just a bit peeved off, that I have had to do any work on the panels.

I could have cut all the panels myself and drilled the holes, but I thought pre cut and drilled would save me a lot of time.

Surely if they have a CNC machine and templates, the holes etc would be bang on.

After all, the holes in the van dont change.
Exactly how I felt.

My panels were delivered this week and I’ve spent this morning test fitting. Very disappointed to find that a large number of holes don’t line up. I don’t want to modify the panels as I am concerned that the hidden clips won’t hold. Just sent a message to the supplier so will see what they have to say tomorrow.

Here is an example of the alignment issue.

29664075-6BDD-4839-B21B-2982D80EBADF.jpeg

That’s pretty much what some of holes on my panels were like.

Terrible really, when you consider your paying top whack for this as well.

I wonder if we are all getting these from the same supplier, or if all supplies have the same issues?

Mine were from Custom Shop Designs.

I couldn't get all of the OEM clips in on the test fit of the two rear side panels or the roof panels. After a week or 2 the roof looked like this:

Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 16.45.45.png Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 16.45.59.png

Not good, it’s not even close, the radius of the corner is not correct either. That said, it is very easy, even with CNC/designs to move the design slightly and not notice and then cut out. I'm sure there are a host of companies like ourselves with a CNC who have made mistakes. The machine will only cut what you tell it to.

We purchased a set of T4 panels from just campers one time as we didn’t have time to template and I'd say that 10% of the holes lined up and some panels didn’t even fit. After modifying these panels to fit, it would have actually been quicker to template from scratch, so I know your pain....

:(:(

Cheers,
Ian - Eclipse Campers

Mine are also from Custom Shop Designs. All the comments will give me some ammunition when I speak to them tomorrow. Shame really but you do expect a CNC panel to fit properly especially so if they have been told about the issues on numerous occasions.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up on this everyone, was going to order some panels from custom shop designs this week but don’t think I will now.

Any suggestions for alternative suppliers? Or should I just use this as an excuse to spend the money on a jigsaw instead and cut them myself?

Thanks for the heads up on this everyone, was going to order some panels from custom shop designs this week but don’t think I will now.

Any suggestions for alternative suppliers? Or should I just use this as an excuse to spend the money on a jigsaw instead and cut them myself?
I thought about that. I alteady have the jigsaw, but its pretty difficult to get the edges as straight. So unless there are recommendations of places not to far (Manchester area) then I will order a roof without holes, use the OEM panels to template and drill my own holes in the correct places. Or go to a place that will fit the ply roof with the OEM fixings so I know it will fit.

I thought about that. I alteady have the jigsaw, but its pretty difficult to get the edges as straight. So unless there are recommendations of places not to far (Manchester area) then I will order a roof without holes, use the OEM panels to template and drill my own holes in the correct places. Or go to a place that will fit the ply roof with the OEM fixings so I know it will fit.
You will struggle to use OEM fixings on 6mm ply with carpet as its too thick, you will need longer fixings but these will still be in OEM holes. :thumbsup:

You will struggle to use OEM fixings on 6mm ply with carpet as its too thick, you will need longer fixings but these will still be in OEM holes. :thumbsup:

I will use 3.6mm ply. The OEM will be only for a test fit so I can if all the holes line up. I have hidden fixings for when its carpeted. Thanks though :thumbsup:

Back