PPF - Paint Protection Film

Hi All,

I've just picked up a new T6 and knowing how peppered my old one got with stone chips, I'm considering getting the front covered with PPF. I've been reading the threads on here and know a few people did get it fitted so just thought it would be good to get an update a year or so on to see if it was worth the money.

So, @Loz @StudleyGlass @Rslad @Chrisfraser05 @Fish @T5SUG - feedback.....money well spent and would you do it again?

Anyone else with any feedback on paint protection film?

Cheers all...

I want to get mine ceramic coated but need to get the PPF done first if it’s worth the money.

Had mine done from new
Make sure u get someone who knows what they are doing. Mine was a shocking shit job ended up ripping it off and ceramic coating it myself
I had bubbles on mine and black bits under the ppf and where guy didn’t go past edges it peeled so if u get it get someone who can show u recent jobs for quality
Wouldn’t get it again just stick to ceramic coating and will re coat every year or so (myself it’s easy) and repaint chips when I sell the van

Mine still looks perfect after 2 years, yes I would get it again, in fact the Mrs has ordered a new bike carrier (F56 mini cooper) and I'm considering getting PPF for the front end and roof (bird lime protection) on it from day 1 as well.

If it was a strict choice between ppf and ceramic coating I'd go PPF, but if you can do both.

Mine still looks perfect after 2 years, yes I would get it again, in fact the Mrs has ordered a new bike carrier (F56 mini cooper) and I'm considering getting PPF for the front end and roof (bird lime protection) on it from day 1 as well.

If it was a strict choice between ppf and ceramic coating I'd go PPF, but if you can do both.

Cheers for the info Loz, much appreciated. So the PPF does protect against the chips very well then! It's a lot of money but I know my last T6 got peppered in the 14 odd months and 18k miles I did in it so I'm prepared to invest in it.

I would do it again on any car I get new and take on the motorway etc.

Didn't get the wife up done, only take it around town.

12k miles on the t6 and the bonnet is absolutely spotless, I love it

I have about 4 tiny ones after 20,000miles on my bonnet. Isnt it just cheaper to respray the thing?

Had Xpel Plus PPF on front and mirrors etc. Also the body panel areas where the tyres would kick up crud (as no mud guards wanted). Had the rear bumper done as well.
Fantastic. Can't see it at all and just done 2,000 miles around Europe. Not a mark and insects came off beautifully :thumbsup:

Next issue is which one. My research and enquiries all led to Xpel Ultimate Plus being the answer.

Had Xpel Plus PPF on front and mirrors etc. Also the body panel areas where the tyres would kick up crud (as no mud guards wanted). Had the rear bumper done as well.
Fantastic. Can't see it at all and just done 2,000 miles around Europe. Not a mark and insects came off beautifully :thumbsup:

Next issue is which one. My research and enquiries all led to Xpel Ultimate Plus being the answer.
Hi ya

Could you tell me who did this for you please.
thanks

I have 3M Ventureshield on mine, not cheap though..

Just watched the following vid....seems to point to Premium Shield....

Looks like a bit of a promo vid but I take your point.

There are a few parameters though aren't there : 1) How visible is it when applied 2) How easy is it to care for 3) How is it longer term in the sun 4) What is it's surface like for repelling dirt and particularly insects baking on 5) What is the after fitting warranty and support like...

.....are a few things that come to my mind after spending a while researching before having it done.

As you probably know already, it costs much more than you think it's going to as well. I seem to recall they are all pretty much of a muchness fitted, so price isn't really a differentiating criteria.

I am looking for a front end kit to have a local pro fit, where is best price source?

Back