PPF - Paint Protection Film

StudleyGlass

150 DSG Kombi/Caravelle/Air-ride
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Well i had the first quote for clear PPF complete front end and rear bumper wrap today £1200!!
I was not expecting that really. i have 2 more quotes to come next week, so it will be intersting to see if there's much difference.

Anyone else had any prices on wraps ?

Wow, didn't think it would be that amount..... Let us know what other quotes are.

me neither @Pedro , i was thinking half that. Lets see what the other come it, are keep ya posted

Well i had the first quote for clear PPF complete front end and rear bumper wrap today £1200!!
I was not expecting that really. i have 2 more quotes to come next week, so it will be intersting to see if there's much difference.

Anyone else had any prices on wraps ?
I did last week from my man in Yate nr Bristol;
A day of labour to fit plus the kit.
The standard kit for the T6 is £699 includes the full front bumper, head lights, day time running lights, front section of the bonnet, wing ends and wing mirrors. Please see the attached schematic.
Full bonnet coverage would be an additional £175 as this would have to cut from a wider roll of film.

That's interesting @lol so my quote was for the full front end including wings and windscreen side posts + complete rear bumper cover.
So about a grand fitted then?

That's interesting @lol so my quote was for the full front end including wings and windscreen side posts + complete rear bumper cover.
So about a grand fitted then?
As well as the wrap, I'm also having a new car detailing with gtechnic crystal coating plus wheels done with exo so about £1800 in total.

That's about what I have been quoted for the same , new detail and wrapping . Getting three more prices in this week so will be interesting to see if there's any difference, it's not all price, need to be good to !

I bought some ppf and had a go myself, definately not as easy as it looks online!!! I ended up not bothering :mad:

I bought some ppf and had a go myself, definately not as easy as it looks online!!! I ended up not bothering :mad:
I was wondering if you tried applying that , I remember you mentioning you had got some
:)

Pretty much a disaster mate. Fitting round the bumper was really difficult, the bonnet wasn't bad but I didn't even cut the film to the right size!!!! Don't think I've got the patience for it!!

Certainly a much cheaper option if people fancy giving it a go.... I think I paid about £60

Yes @Walski it's no a easy job, like window filming takes practice and patience I have neither in this feild so I will have to save up and get it done .

I have had 3 prices now and as in the above posts, your looking at £700 for a front end kit with is only half the bonnet and wings covered. If you want a full front end covers (so no lines) then your looking about £1000 to £1200 inc rear bumper cover.
swings and roundabouts really to whether you save the money and have some touch ups done that you get from stone chips or try to prevent them in the first place, good as the film is it wont stop a good flying stone from damage and denting the body i would think!

just plain white @HHO i have had all colors before be really fancied white for a change this time.

Paint chips on solid colours are easy to self repair. My paint quality is really good. One small chip so far, loaded up with paint, allow to cure fully for 10days, flat down with 3000grit, followed by Meguiars Ultimate Compound - 100% gone. Can only do this successfully on solids - metallic paint chip repairs always stand out. Solid colours still have a clear coat but 3000grit is very gentle.

Back