Power-Closing Sliding-Door Retrofit

First get your existing remotes wiped with channel 00 and then perform adaptation with channel 01 of all remotes that you have or want to use.
The first part is a bit scary :eek:. I have been hoping the adaptation on channel 01 would simply add a remote.

On a T5 MY06 you could add a remote without any coding tools.
--------------
EDIT:

EDIT#2:
A bit doubtful about the linked procedure. Just compared adaptation maps of two T6s. One has two remotes + 1 surf key, another has 4 remotes. No "unknown" deltas in the map nor anything that would reflect the numbers.

Last edited:
Had a bit more time tonight so i learned two things
Channel 00 does indeed remove all stored keys :thumbsup:
Channel 01 does not allow you to adapt keys :thumbsdown:

No matter what i do you cannot 'read' the channel nor 'save' any action, i can manually type a number in the 'new value' box and this will highlight the test button and allow it to be clicked but nothing happens and you cannot click the save button at any point

juytr.PNG

Starting to think a bank holiday weekend during lockdown was probably not the best time to delete all my keys :whistle:

Would be interested to see if anyone else can read channel 01

Would be interested to see if anyone else can read channel 01
Do you mean it's grayed out? I think it just means the channel has been read already (by Up/Dn). If you go elsewhere and then type "01" into Channel then "Read"-button is enabled.
09-adapt-01.png

My BCM accepts security codes 30724 and 84244. But don't know if they would make any difference here :unsure:. Anyways, didn't do for me - perhaps as I didn't dare to clear my keys :whistle:.

I have tried that procedure, I used a value of 3 first (the number of keys I have now) then tried 0 value and also tried these with and without setting channel 0 before ?
So far I have tried 0-5 but just cannot ever get the save button to illuminate

Did it give you a value when you clicked read ?
Yes. However, I did notice some strange behaviour (grayed out buttons) depending how I enter the values. Seems that works better if the "New value" is set by Up/Dn - to "0". Doesn't accept anything else.

Also noticed that Save button seems to "time out" in 20-30 seconds when ignition is on. When ignition off seems to stay "available" much longer (didn't gray out). However, didn't have courage to click it.

Anyways, I'm under impression that the procedure would work - at least I get the "Test" and "Save" as expected (even both ignition on or off).
09-adapt-01-0a-test_a.png

After clicking Test - Save enabled:
09-adapt-01-0b-save_a.png

PS. Did a few tries with the security codes entered - didn't notice any difference. Checked even if the missing adaptation channels would show up - they didn't.

Found in my notes that when engine is running the adaptation channels 0 & 1 & 2 return ERROR (can't read them). [EDITed typo]

I had a EU6 T6 MY16 (build Nov-2015) which had -202AD FOB.

interesting cheers

Reactions: mmi
Save button seems to "time out" in 20-30 seconds when ignition is on. When ignition off seems to stay "available" much longer (didn't gray out).
just cannot ever get the save button to illuminate
Perhaps far-fetched but did you check battery voltage.

The "time out" has been bothering me so did today a few more tries. Interestingly I got steady illuminated "Save" every time - and it didn't fade away. One difference between now and Sunday is battery voltage. On Sunday it was around 12 Volts with ignition on. Today somewhat higher as I've been on the road.

I think you hit the nail on the head there my friend, last time i looked at coding keys i had been working on van all day and had a flat battery a few hours earlier, i only jumped it and let it run for a while but hadnt actually charged it !

Revisited this today and adaptions were working as expected, channel 00 cleared stored keys (not sure this is actually necessary) then giving channel 01 a 0 value and saving allows you to add one key, repeat channel 01 until all keys are added :thumbsup:

Now for the next problem, the new and old fobs all work for locking and unlocking the van but the new fob doesnt do anything to the elec side door :(
I had assumed, incorrectly, that when the fob was adapted it would also work the side door, i have found this vcds document that talks about an adaption channel in the side door control module that has a bearing the key/fob but not sure if this is relevant as a) its from a T5 2004-2009 and b) it implies the fob has two buttons, one for open and one for close ?

So now i am trying to figure out if the issue is with the side door module or if my BCM is not coded/adapted correctly, i did originally have to make two coding changes to allow the locking status and the door position status to be sent (or allowed) over the canbus so it seems possible theres another change required to allow the open/close signal over canbus also ?

If anyone has any thoughts on this it would be appreciated, failing that i may start a thread on ross tech forum and see if they have any input, theres lots of info around about key adaptions but nothing in conjunction with electric doors ?

That's excellent news. So possibly just using channel #01 adds a remote.

Did you already set the following? @Robert has electric sliders both left and right. The explanation suggests that the door is commanded via CANbus.
1590956872816.png

That's excellent news. So possibly just using channel #01 adds a remote.
Definitely does, I have verified that myself ;).

Edit: Corrected my misspellings above. No more posting under influence :D!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: mmi
Yes, I set that one and byte 10 you suggested earlier to get it all working before trying the key adaption

Hmmm... looks like in the BCM adaptations there are no differences. E.g. between mine (no electric sliders) and @Deaky 's (electric sliders left&right, I believe) there are no "unexplained" differences.

Originally in post ---> Folding Mirrors On Comfort Close (again)
or
Attached a reprint.

Attachments

• T6F_T6-BCM_adaptations_FOLDING_MIRRORS_(2e).pdf
    57.9 KB · Views: 18
Definitely does, I have verified that myself ;).

Edit: Corrected my misspellings above. No more posting under influence :D!
Excellent - even a Chinese FOB now paired. 7€ :speechless:

FOB_China_1b.jpg

What are the options for this - found a perfect spec Caravelle, but someone unticked the option for electric side doors. I can see Hazydayz do a retrofit for 2.5k per side! What are my other options please?

What are the options for this - found a perfect spec Caravelle, but someone unticked the option for electric side doors. I can see Hazydayz do a retrofit for 2.5k per side! What are my other options please?
@Pauly has recently retrofitted this. It's quite involved but possible to do yourself.

Back