Power-Closing Sliding-Door Retrofit

Looking at the coding here VCDS codes list
We can see byte 1 bit 1 = Confirmation lock for right sliding door via CAN data bus
German VCDS suggests byte 10 bit 7 to be the same for the left slider :unsure:
1589660393288.png

EDIT:
This is my factory BCM and almost virgin coding.
7E0937090 - BMC PQ25 Max4 H80 0736
B8FE79304AE3349393288FC47E8A9EF4FDA469F960C86960320403BF0840
Supports the theory...

Last edited:
There is no coding for sliding doors, only few adaptation channels.
See below and attached.

Address 0D: Slide Door, Left Labels: Redir Fail!
Part No: 7E0 959 243 D
Component: Schiebetuer-SG 407 0328
Shop #: WSC 02737 790 00000
VCID: 306FA6C1A32354CA65-8064

Address 78: Slide Door, Right Labels: Redir Fail!
Part No: 7E0 959 243 D
Component: Schiebetuer-SG 407 0328
Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000
VCID: 306FA6C1A32354CA65-8064
I meant to include screenshots previously but forgot :whistle: .

20200516_214849.jpg20200516_214800.jpg

@mmi thats good info
I have a couple scans of electric slider vans so I will have a compare and get this sorted

will update this as soon as soon as I confirm it’s sorted

Just to confirm I sorted this today
Byte 10 bit 7 enabled and the locking no longer cycles with the ignition

I also gave the original hardboard panel a quick trim around the motor so I could refit that to keep the side of the van protected, just need to find a plastic motor cover now to go over it and tidy it up a bit so if anyone has one laying around do let me know

ED2021E0-5119-4CB8-9061-22DA11E4E736.jpeg

No plans too that’s just the only key that fits my setup

Anybody successfully paired a keyfob to get buttons working (i know i cant do IMMO with vcds)

Had a quick look last night to adapt keyfob but channel 01 was listed as key adaption but wasnt active, channel wouldnt read or write ?
Dont know if this needs security code or something else ?

ps i also checked channel 21 and blocks 003 & 007

Anybody successfully paired a keyfob to get buttons working (i know i cant do IMMO with vcds)

Had a quick look last night to adapt keyfob but channel 01 was listed as key adaption but wasnt active, channel wouldnt read or write ?
Dont know if this needs security code or something else ?

ps i also checked channel 21 and blocks 003 & 007
Then remote adaptation is a very simple process with VCDS. You shouldn't need any access codes.
First get your existing remotes wiped with channel 00 and then perform adaptation with channel 01 of all remotes that you have or want to use.

Once pairing is completed all buttons will work as expected.

Reactions: mmi
Maybe @rtg1200 might know.

the tool i use to program keys on T6s does immo and remote separate, not honestly sure if vcds will do either part of the key. depending where you are @Pauly i could try and prog it for you? Looking at that part number of your key im not 100% sure the chip in it is correct, does your original remote have 202AD or 202BH or something similar? Only ask as my theory is the B stands for the later style chip and A stands for earlier chip that T5.1 use. Ready to be proven wrong though. only way to know for sure would be put all keys you have in a transponder reader see what they ID as.

I wouldnt recommend looking to swap transponder to new key, transponder and remote are on the same circuit board on these keys, plus remote is sealed with the silver pin you can see where the key blade folds away. it cant be punched into the remote but sometimes it can catch a part of the circuit board and break it, leaving you with a non runner

Last edited:
the tool i use to program keys on T6s does immo and remote separate, not honestly sure if vcds will do either part of the key. depending where you are @Pauly i could try and prog it for you? Looking at that part number of your key im not 100% sure the chip in it is correct, does your original remote have 202AD or 202BH or something similar? Only ask as my theory is the B stands for the later style chip and A stands for earlier chip that T5.1 use. Ready to be proven wrong though. only way to know for sure would be put all keys you have in a transponder reader see what they ID as
I’m in Plymouth so maybe a little too far from Bolton !
My original key was AD and new is AJ
Your theory sounds right as all the etka listings for key variations are done by age and top of each set is A with B underneath for the later dates

image.jpg

I’m in Plymouth so maybe a little too far from Bolton !
My original key was AD and new is AJ
Your theory sounds right as all the etka listings for key variations are done by age and top of each set is A with B underneath for the later dates

View attachment 71196

ok good, glad to see im on the right track. never seen a 202ad on a T6 yet, is it euro 5 engine?

if you want to get it programmed still best bet would be find another from autolocksmiths.net, should be someone not too far who can do that for you.

Then remote adaptation is a very simple process with VCDS. You shouldn't need any access codes.
First get your existing remotes wiped with channel 00 and then perform adaptation with channel 01 of all remotes that you have or want to use.

Once pairing is completed all buttons will work as expected.
I’m not trying to do immo just remote adaption so I can get buttons working
Going to have another play later when I have time but channels seemed dead yesterday and wouldn’t take any values and the test/save buttons were greyed out

ok good, glad to see im on the right track. never seen a 202ad on a T6 yet, is it euro 5 engine?

if you want to get it programmed still best bet would be find another from autolocksmiths.net, should be someone not too far who can do that for you.
I know someone who can do immo for me just difficult in current climate so won’t be for a week or two, that’s why I was hoping to get the fob working so I can prove the electric side door is fully working
My van is a very early T6 from 2015 so yes it’s a euro5
If your interested I have the listings of all key part numbers with the suffix and corresponding production dates

I know someone who can do immo for me just difficult in current climate so won’t be for a week or two, that’s why I was hoping to get the fob working so I can prove the electric side door is fully working
My van is a very early T6 from 2015 so yes it’s a euro5
If your interested I have the listings of all key part numbers with the suffix and corresponding production dates

thatd be helpful thanks :thumbsup:

channels seemed dead yesterday and wouldn’t take any values and the test/save buttons were greyed out
Found in my notes that when engine is running the adaptation channels 0 & 1 & 2 return ERROR (can't read them). [EDITed typo]
never seen a 202ad on a T6 yet, is it euro 5 engine?
I had a EU6 T6 MY16 (build Nov-2015) which had -202AD FOB.

Back