Power-Closing Sliding-Door Retrofit

I have PMed you with my BCM coding over 2 years ago(11 Feb 2018), so you have it already ;).
Let me know if you need anything else.

Reactions: mmi
These should be very helpful for you as well.
Credit to Matti and Rich ;).
@mmi @Deaky

It was the side door module I wanted to look at but @Deaky semt me a scan of his and that module shows no coding, but also no label file, so will have to see how it goes ?

It was the side door module I wanted to look at but @Deaky semt me a scan of his and that module shows coding, but also no label file, so will have to see how it goes ?
As far as I remember I am missing this label file as well, but it should be possible to read the coding manually.

Very close to completing this now, i have all wiring in and connected, side door locks all swapped over etc, just need to cut the hole to locate the motor, to say i am nervous is an understatement !!

Everything is live and the dash button are triggering the door/motor etc but its obviously not driving the door yet until i get that hole cut and the motor and rail mounted

B65656B9-C7F7-4D8D-86C9-EECBF2066697.jpeg

Its not over yet !
I need to get that hole cut which means i need something to treat the cut metal edges and i have just realised the smallest spline bit i have is M6 and the rail screws are smaller :mad:
Looks like i wont be finishing it tomorrow

Get on with it, he who dares...….

Its all hidden by the side panel so no big dramas but that plastic piece has several lugs on the back that locate around the edge of the cut hole to keep it tight (and waterproof) so it needs to be quite precise and its a very random shaped hole, why cant they just make things round ?!

As far as I remember I am missing this label file as well, but it should be possible to read the coding manually.
There is no coding for sliding doors, only few adaptation channels.
See below and attached.

Address 0D: Slide Door, Left Labels: Redir Fail!
Part No: 7E0 959 243 D
Component: Schiebetuer-SG 407 0328
Shop #: WSC 02737 790 00000
VCID: 306FA6C1A32354CA65-8064

Address 78: Slide Door, Right Labels: Redir Fail!
Part No: 7E0 959 243 D
Component: Schiebetuer-SG 407 0328
Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000
VCID: 306FA6C1A32354CA65-8064

Attachments

• adpmap-0D-7E0-959-243-D-20200514-2101.CSV
    10 KB · Views: 34
  • adpmap-78-7E0-959-243-D-20200514-2107.CSV
    10 KB · Views: 15
  • blockmap-0D-7E0-959-243-D-20200514-2100.CSV
    803 bytes · Views: 15
  • blockmap-78-7E0-959-243-D-20200514-2106.CSV
    804 bytes · Views: 11
My module was second hand so after connecting it all up I just added it to gateway and it was all fine

Yes ‘how to’ will be along at some point

Job is complete and the door is fully working, I don’t have another keyfob yet so at the moment it works off the handle or from the dash buttons and everything is as expected but I do currently have an issue ....

Since changing the central locking in the sliding door (which is necessary for this retrofit) every time I turn the ignition on the central locking does an unlock cycle (even though it’s already unlocked)
Now doing this retrofit means we take the signals from the slide door central locking unit and instead of sending them directly to the BCM we send them instead to the new slide door control unit in the rear and doing a scan gives a fault in the BCM relating to the rear left sliding door signal

Looking at the coding here VCDS codes list
We can see byte 1 bit 1 = Confirmation lock for right sliding door via CAN data bus
But byte 1 bit 2 is undocumented so I guessed that this = Confirmation lock for left sliding door via CAN data bus
But alas this does not fix it as it’s already activated and unticking makes no difference
The van/dash display responds to the door being open and shut and displays accordingly but I still have this weird quirk at the moment
I think one of these undocumented bytes/bits will prob be the reason but I’m going to need to spend an hour or two with the laptop and try and figure it out which prob won’t happen for a few days so job done but not complete :thumbsdown:

more to come .......

Last edited:
Back