Postage /shipping of large items awnings

Desmoben

T6 Pro
Hi all, can anyone recommend a good courier co that will handle a package the size of a THULE awning?
23kg, 2700 x 200x 200.

I’m getting stupid quotes from Parcelforce and DPD and UPS won’t handle the size.
Have to get it to Northern Ireland from Dorset.

I should think that they are all wary of N. Ireland, I have had to stop sending heaters there as it is too much hassle.

The biggest obstacle seems to be the fact that it’s over 2m in length. Paisley say no, as do DPD, UPS- everyone so far except some couriers advertising on eBay and they are looking silly money.

In that case you might want to try shiply. I just went through this regarding the seat I am selling, which weighs more than even Paisley would handle without being on a pallet.... I got quotes from Shiply for between £70 and £120 which is about the same as Paisley but the Shiply couriers don't insist on a pallet. I would be wary of how much protection you get from Shiply though.

In that case you might want to try shiply. I just went through this regarding the seat I am selling, which weighs more than even Paisley would handle without being on a pallet.... I got quotes from Shiply for between £70 and £120 which is about the same as Paisley but the Shiply couriers don't insist on a pallet. I would be wary of how much protection you get from Shiply though.
Yeah, it’s turning into a bit of a mess as I bought and paid for the item on the basis of an original quote I received to ship it for £60 from a transport service that as soon as I went to pay for the shipping came back with “computer says no”.
Now on Shiply - the next best quote is for £117 and I don’t know them from a hole in the ground.
Another company said £116 but they can’t do it for 3-5 months. Another looking for £375! WTF?

Yeah, it’s turning into a bit of a mess as I bought and paid for the item on the basis of an original quote I received to ship it for £60 from a transport service that as soon as I went to pay for the shipping came back with “computer says no”.
Now on Shiply - the next best quote is for £117 and I don’t know them from a hole in the ground.
Another company said £116 but they can’t do it for 3-5 months. Another looking for £375! WTF?

Opted to go with the £ 117 quote 1. Out of desperation and lack of options... and 2. Turns out the courier lives in the next village to me 5 miles away. Hopefully that is a good omen.

Back