608AH Lithium Battery Build

Very nice....

I think that's the largest T6 battery bank I've seen installed...... Definitely on here anyway.

I have 730ah worth of lithium, but that's across 6x batteries...and would take up tons of room.

You solution is very compact..... Well done.

Next up is some charge, discharge data?

What monitoring kit do you have?

Can you post screen shots from the BMS?

Do you have voltage loggers or s shunt,,?

Eg:

Good effort Bryn23 , you certainly dont do things by half, that's for sure. You should have tons of reserve power.

Hey Dell,

i installed a Votronic Jupiter panel in my build back, it is a shunt based SOC, connected to a Votronic triple charger, for DC-DC, 230 volt and solar.

It doesn't log it, like victron does to enable publishing of data, it just works off measuring the current going through the shunt from a a full state of charge.

This is just a pic of the system when i installed it.
IMG_2363.JPG

I've discharged down to 20% cutoff that i set up using the induction cooker at a 100 ah draw and then fully recharged it, i didn't keep any records of it, as i was just monitoring the cells in the packs and heat on the connections.

I did a full parallel charge and then discharged the individual cells with my cell capacity charger tester

Then i top balanced parallel them all again, i posted the range capacity on a previous post, its pretty boring data, but it confirmed actual Capacity and impedance to select which cells to use in each pack.

The problem with doing a full discharge when assembled, is that you tend to stuff up the benefits of your parallel top balance, so i didn't bother, as i already know the pack capacity from my cell data, which will be the lowest cell capacity which was 321.9261AH

The capacity will change after around 20 full cycles, i'll tear them down in 12 months to retest the individual cell capacity.

I'll grab some screen shots of the BMS screen, when i head back to the workshop next week

I'll be pulling the current charger and jupiter unit out in around 3 months, as i've got a larger 60ah Triple charger to reinstall and a larger 200ah capable Jupiter panel and shunt (the jupiter panel and shunt are a calibrated unit)

I've also got another couple of the same JBD 200ah BMS's coming soon, one for a spare and the other one will be used on my older 240ah lithium battery pack, as the 200ah Daly BMS was the issue with my old pack.

Thanks Dell, building these packs allowed me to fit more Capacity, as i didn't have room for another OEM case battery in the current battery area.

what are you going to do with all your lithium battery's?

Well here is some random screen shots of the BMS, i had a play around this morning, isolating between battery A and B on the fly, combined and drawing from each battery.

The reason i went for two packs is for redundancy, if one has an issue that i can't resolve on a trip ( we generally do 1-3 month trips) i still have access to a house battery, the last trip we were around 4000km from home and old BMS in the 240ah pack was causing issues

I've still got to play around with the BMS configurations to fine tune it, nothing wrong with the standard default settings, but there are a few things id like to look at.

I've got to do a few more cycles to get the calibration dialled in, hopefully i'll have that sorted by next week.

Being able to reset the sessions for each test is great, shame there isn't a save function for it, but once everything is sorted, i only really need to see that the cells are balanced and the voltage, but it will be interesting to see the total usage over a trip, but then again, i've got that bluetooth function on my Votronic setup that monitors solar and DC inputs and i hardly look at it.

Unknown.png
IMG_1098.PNG

Utterly brilliant and utterly fascinating Brynn.few and inadequate words, for one of the most inspiring threads I've read on a T forum.

Love the detail mate really love the detail in that case.

you do realize how hard it is for a bloody pomme to say all that to an Aussie don't ya ;) ;)

There's a lovely irony in "we normally do 2 to 3 month trips" whereas most brits I should imagine aim for 2 to 3 days.

Hat off Brynn fair play !! thank you so much for sharing.

I've watched waaay too many Will Prowse videos......the concept of making up my own battery was pondered for a long long time. Eventually I decided on a roamer SB as I felt all this was beyond me, IE above my pay grade...........plus me taking so so long cobbling up the cabinets for our old T5 , Ireally just want to get every thing done now and go camping and make some images of wildlife . You have taken what I thought possible to another level Brynn utter admiration. !!

all the luck in the world and again thank you for sharing.

stu

Utterly brilliant and utterly fascinating Brynn.few and inadequate words, for one of the most inspiring threads I've read on a T forum.

Love the detail mate really love the detail in that case.

you do realize how hard it is for a bloody pomme to say all that to an Aussie don't ya ;) ;)

There's a lovely irony in "we normally do 2 to 3 month trips" whereas most brits I should imagine aim for 2 to 3 days.

Hat off Brynn fair play !! thank you so much for sharing.

I've watched waaay too many Will Prowse videos......the concept of making up my own battery was pondered for a long long time. Eventually I decided on a roamer SB as I felt all this was beyond me, IE above my pay grade...........plus me taking so so long cobbling up the cabinets for our old T5 , Ireally just want to get every thing done now and go camping and make some images of wildlife . You have taken what I thought possible to another level Brynn utter admiration. !!

all the luck in the world and again thank you for sharing.

stu
We’ve all known that for some time.

He’s quite an impressive ‘dude’ I think is the term. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind word guys, i've really enjoyed this T6 project, and every addition i have made since i built it.

It has been testing, but fun and i've learn a lot from it

I think everyone on this platform that share's their work inspires others, i know i was inspired by some of the quality work that i've seen on the fourm.

Back