Post Virus Weekend.

Definitely up for this as previously mentioned, but it is clear that social distancing rules of some sort will be in place for some time. I think it would be worth agreeing what they will be for this event, so that there isn’t any falling out on the day due to differing expectations.
I suspect that if we wait until there are no social distancing rules in place in public, then we are looking at 2021 for this.

Pete

Very sensible suggestion. It would be great to meet you all but some ground rules would keep us all safe and happy!

on a more serious note I think that is we maintain the 2m distance, avoid sharing stuff and are fit and healthy (no Covid-19 symptoms) and as we will be outside we should be good.

But happy to start a list of ground rules to ensure harmony :)

- 2m distance to be observed
- Avoid sharing stuff - where possible
- Children can play ball games and the like but not up close
- No dribbling over other peoples vans...

on a more serious note I think that is we maintain the 2m distance, avoid sharing stuff and are fit and healthy (no Covid-19 symptoms) and as we will be outside we should be good.

But happy to start a list of ground rules to ensure harmony :)

- 2m distance to be observed
- Avoid sharing stuff - where possible
- Children can play ball games and the like but not up close
- No dribbling over other peoples vans...
So my boy can play football but must be 2m from your van then?

Don’t worry he’s really good, he can kick it around for ages without getting it stuck in that net thing :thumbsup:

I'm not sure how they can, when the government haven't said yet. A lot of places are assuming they will be opening in July, but nothing confirmed yet.
Hopefully you are correct, because my work will start to flood in, rather than trickle.
If the campsites do open in July, you will have far more important things to think about other than work. Rutlands will be on.:grin bounce:

So now that pubs are opening on the 4th July and social distancing down to hugs. Does anyone have any suggestions for a location ?

Still can't hug, dude. But you can sit in a pub and even visit your family.

Not sure I want to hug any of you lot anyway!

I won’t mind sitting down for a beer with you all though. What’s occurring then?

Watching with interest. The sites I usually use are saying no group bookings, no tents and all units must be self contained because the facilities won't be open. This latest advice from these sites was as of 10 minutes ago when I spoke to them, so it will be interesting if anyone else can find a site willing to let groups book at the moment.

Watching with interest. The sites I usually use are saying no group bookings, no tents and all units must be self contained because the facilities won't be open. This latest advice from these sites was as of 10 minutes ago when I spoke to them, so it will be interesting if anyone else can find a site willing to let groups book at the moment.
Slightly of thread. having spoken to Chateau Gandspette in France today, they are open with all facilities ( except bounce castle) from the beginning of July

Slightly of thread. having spoken to Chateau Gandspette in France today, they are open with all facilities ( except bounce castle) from the beginning of July

Thanks.
We still have Italy and the South of France booked in August. I'd like to actually go, but unless they lift the quarantine, I won't be going into Europe this year until possibly the winter.

Thanks.
We still have Italy and the South of France booked in August. I'd like to actually go, but unless they lift the quarantine, I won't be going into Europe this year until possibly the winter.
I think the “Air bridge” comes into effect soon so I will also be heading that way too

Looks at the mo like the site I use in Bourton on the water will have restricted facilities but they will be open. Just awaiting confirmation.

I don’t like sharing facilities at the best of times but I’d prefer to use campsite loos refer than go on a plane which are germ tubes in normal times

So, the original plan this thread was a non-site site... Does that have any legs?

We haven’t seen the original proposer of this idea ( @Fish ) here for some time.
Maybe he had a specific venue in mind.

Pete

I think this would be a great idea. Does anyone have any ideas on a central location that might work?
Preferably with Toilet facilities.

Back