5mm ply lining kit trim clip

TvMatt

Hi All,

I have brought a ply lining kit from coomb valley campers 5mm thick. I have also carpeted the ply kit and now the longer trim clips are not long enough! I have also found after carpeting the rear door panel the existing back door interior handle surround will no longer fit.

any suggestions?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I wouldn't recommend that thickness as I'm unaware of a headless clip suitable.
The interior handle surround is a pain to get on with carpet on 3.6mm ply. I've seen people fit the surround first then fit the ply over the top wrapping the carpet around the cut out. Not the best finish but looks OK.
Also the ply normally comes in 3.6mm and 6mm ( although it's never exact as I've had 12mm ply arrive at 13mm ! )
Maybe ask C V what they use ? Or do they screw them on maybe ?

Hi All,

I have brought a ply lining kit from coomb valley campers 5mm thick. I have also carpeted the ply kit and now the longer trim clips are not long enough! I have also found after carpeting the rear door panel the existing back door interior handle surround will no longer fit.

any suggestions?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Did you get a solution to the trim clips. I'm having the exact same issue now with carpeted 6mm ply panels that simply wont go on

Back