Piggy back fuse issue

Morning all,

Help required.....

Trying to use a piggy back fuse from the dash fuse box to operate a relay when the ignition is on. When I fit the piggy back fuse I get a 'Key Not Found' message on the dash display. Van starts fine but warning reappears when turned off.

When I replace the original fuse the warning goes away.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong??? Are there some fuses best left alone???

Thanks for your help.

Have you got BOTH fuses inserted into the piggy back holder, sounds like you may be powering down a circuit ?

You will need the fuse you took out inserting in the piggy back holder to maintain the original circuit and a second fuse to power your new circuit.

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, got the original fuse in the piggy back and a fuse for the circuit to the relay.

Perhaps the fuse holder is faulty??? They are so cheap that maybe I should replace just to eliminate as a possible problem?

Evening all,

The saga continues....

Bought a new piggy fuse holder - no difference. Suggested to try a relay with a diode - no difference.

The circuit is from the piggy back fuse holder (fuse 36 - washer/wiper) to the relay and the negative is directly back to the battery.

If I insert the piggy back with just the washer/wiper fuse there is no error but when I insert the fuse for the circuit to the relay I get the error.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong???

Cheers.

Thats weird, have you tried using a different fuseholder position ?
Anything in the top half of the centre column will give you an ignition live, you could even try one of the empty slots (but the piggy back will only be held in on one side)

Hi Pauly,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, tried it in several different fuse positions but get the same error.

Will try it in some of the empty slots.

Cheers.

Back