Phone holders

huh......what's carplay? Do I have it in my kombi? :unsure:
CarPlay is an aspect of app connect that replicates the phone screen on the radio screen and let's you run apps and stuff by touching the radio screen
If you have apple it's called CarPlay and if you have an android phone it's called mirror link
It's a factory cost option

Does the mirror link run most apps on the head unit @Pauly , interested in running the cfx95dz2 monitoring app on head unit if possible..

I'm an apple man and it only shows default Apple icons like calls texts maps etc and select main stream apps like Spotify
Never really tried much more but I doubt anything even slightly obscure would work but never know until you try

Does the phone grip adjust, i have an iphone 6S but always in a case so its a bit bigger than standard phone, do you think it would fit ??
I returned mine as I found the 6s in a silicone case would slowly slip down as you were driving. Also, last week there was an almighty crack as I was driving and the top half came away, I'm wondering if it was dash expansion, it was a nice sunny day. Returned to Apple Store with no issues. Ordered a Brodit to replace it.

Does the phone grip adjust, i have an iphone 6S but always in a case so its a bit bigger than standard phone, do you think it would fit ??

Wife has the 6s, it's fine with it, grip not adjustable just holds it.

Ill grab a few photos later, I've got both the Brodit mounts, the top one is for my auxiliary lighting and the lower one for my iPhone next to the USB socket for the carp play.
Both work well but I ned to try and move the heated windscreen & hazard switch to the other side with the dif lock switch if its doable.
Can you still operate the Hazard and windscreen heater buttons with this mount fitted, any pics would be appreciated.

yes you can but its not quick and easy to had. Not to much of a issue for me as I have several amber lights that are considerably brighter all around. Ill get some pictures and post them up at some point.

New Brodit mount arrived today. I am very impressed with the quality and fit. I phoned the company and a very nice lady gave me a 20% discount code for my order.
Enclosed in the order was a card giving the code to share, so if anyone is ordering use the code BRODITSUMMER (all upper case) for 20% off valid until 31/7/17

Last edited by a moderator:
Having bought my dash carpet set from 'rugs for bugs', I am now somewhat perplexed as to what actually fits into the numerous mostly tiny cubby holes. At least whatever goes in won't slide around. The main issue at the moment though is where to place my phone. I've got Apple play along with the bigger screen, so I have to plug the phone into the USB portal, which is some way away. I want to keep the USB/charger lead short, anyone else see this as an issue, and is there a solution out there.

I take it you don’t have a comfort dash? If that’s the case I used to put my phone on the small shelf by the dash USB which is enabled for carplay.

I just upgraded to the wider centre console and it’s migrated into the pocket on the top.

Both positions keep the lead quite short.

I hope that makes sense?

I take it you don’t have a comfort dash? If that’s the case I used to put my phone on the small shelf by the dash USB which is enabled for carplay.

I just upgraded to the wider centre console and it’s migrated into the pocket on the top.

Both positions keep the lead quite short.

I hope that makes sense?
Yeah, that does make sense thanks. I suppose I'm not used to not having my phone close by on a cradle. I'll get used to Appleplay. I've indeed got the builders dash. And I'm using my van as a van. It's in for mods soon, so watch this space......

There is a phone holder that sits in the cup holder, can't remember the name, it's on Amazon.

Back