Under carpet magsafe charging?

jungle_re

Has anyone attempted to hide magsafe chargers under the panel carpet?

The build is quite minimal and all removable when not camping using a ply guys set of pullouts as a full width bed.

I was initially going to just put mag safe holder rings onto the ply lining and carpet over the top. Doing this both sides so both me and Mrs phone just gets stuck to the wall as a "bed side cabinet"

I'm thinking of if it's possible to do this with a magsafe charger so that they charge over night also?
It be just the thickness of the 4 way stretch between. Fairly sure the magnets are strong enough. Just if the charge works (some charger go through 30mm of wood!) And that the heating doesn't damage the carpet glued over.

Anyone done this?

Cheers Will

Fun idea. I'm sure it's possible. I would tend to think a direct connection with the magsafe puck would allow for more efficient charging and a firmer mount. Hiding it under carpet sounds cool, but I wonder if you might prefer a more reliable magnetic mount.

Please do share what you come up with!

Rokk do a number of different wireless chargers - some look like they work through a counter top.
I like the look of the cubby hole version personally as it would mount into the panel by the side of the rear bench seat quite nicely.

Lots of mag chargers that will function through panel carpet - the issue will be if you have a phone cover as well which may prove too much. This can be overcome with a bridging ring that “extends” the magnetic field, if needed.

I do like the Anker cube chargers which are very discreet and will charge phone, watch and pods simultaneously

Back