Brodit Installation Guidance

MrPanic

Evening.

Purchased Brodit mount that fits van, the one that fits to air vent / top dash. Installing tomorrow and wanted to check fitting (instructions are shite).

On the top mount does it go between the panels (I.e. do they have to be prised apart slightly and then stuck) or does it just stick flush to the panel?

Apologies I realise I’m not explaining this well but any advice appreciated

Need to see a picture of the clip, most of them clip over and stick.

If its this type, it just locates into the top of the vent and then hooks over the leading edge of the dash top tray. Nothing needs prised apart. There's enough spring and flex in the design to help you clip into place. Very easy 5 second job.

20191027_015311.jpg

Thanks chaps.

It’s the same one as above, guess I was just needing confirmation that it hooks over leading edge rather than prising anything apart

YouTube vids for other vehicles folks use plastic prising tool so was a bit concerned.

Much appreciated

27697F4B-0BB5-4D3F-9B6A-96FDF79FF5C4.jpeg
If its this type, it just locates into the top of the vent and then hooks over the leading edge of the dash top tray. Nothing needs prised apart. There's enough spring and flex in the design to help you clip into place. Very easy 5 second job.

View attachment 53287
I’ve got 2 of those, his & hers. If you order the one for the LH drive, it fits the passenger side.

Last edited:
Back