Phone holders

StudleyGlass

150 DSG Kombi/Caravelle/Air-ride
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Just though i would post some pictures of my brodit phone holder for the T6. I was inpressed with this mount, good positoning and fits prefect on the top of the dash. I liked this mount as it is in your eye line + it dont block any controls on the dash like some do.

just wondered what others you guys use , may be interesting to anyone looking to buy.

20160803_071621[1].jpg 20160803_071631[1].jpg 20160803_071658_002[1].jpg 20160803_071725[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine sits in the lidded cubby hole next to gear shift as the iPhone cable is in there too. Thankfully the message flashes up to remember your phone when taking the keys out.

I bought a phone holder for the new van then realised i didnt need it as everything comes up on dash display/stereo
I find myself uplugging the phone as its easier to use MFSW over bluetooth than the carplay thingy were you have to enter a menu to get at it although carplay does look cool on the stereo ;)

Ill grab a few photos later, I've got both the Brodit mounts, the top one is for my auxiliary lighting and the lower one for my iPhone next to the USB socket for the carp play.
Both work well but I ned to try and move the heated windscreen & hazard switch to the other side with the dif lock switch if its doable.

iPhone 6 with rubber case fits perfectly in dash top cup holder.

Am a big fan of the Brodit system; got one in my Passat and the wife had one in her Zafira.

Looking at the pics though the Gen6 we have has a lidded storage area on top of the dash, rather than just the hole! As such I think the mount would prevent that from opening :(

From what the Mrs has said she's happy to leave her phone hidden away while driving for now... Once she's left it in the car a few times I'm sure she'll change her tune and I will need to sort her something out ;)

The display flashes up a warning to remember your phone if ones been picked up on Bluetooth it's frequently saved me from forgetting it.

Just though i would post some pictures of my brodit phone holder for the T6. I was inpressed with this mount, good positoning and fits prefect on the top of the dash. I liked this mount as it is in your eye line + it dont block any controls on the dash like some do.

just wondered what others you guys use , may be interesting to anyone looking to buy.

View attachment 382 View attachment 383 View attachment 385 View attachment 386
Is there much of a gap to get into the 12v charging point. Have you got a link to the holder please.

Cheers Rich

Is there much of a gap to get into the 12v charging point. Have you got a link to the holder please.

There is approx 30mm gap but I was thinking of putting a hole in the mount to put the cable for changing but I have not messed with it anymore yet .
I found this mount on all the usual eBay. Amazon, brodit site .

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a phone holder for the new van then realised i didnt need it as everything comes up on dash display/stereo
I find myself uplugging the phone as its easier to use MFSW over bluetooth than the carplay thingy were you have to enter a menu to get at it although carplay does look cool on the stereo ;)
huh......what's carplay? Do I have it in my kombi? :unsure:

Back