Pcp/finance Etc...

Wrencho

Sorry if this is in the wrong place!! We are still toying with replacing our estate with a T6 as my youngest son is disabled and getting him in and out of the car is becoming difficult....we think sliding doors will make it easier plus we will have loads of storage for his "stuff"....

I've spoken to a couple of people and PCP doesn't seem to be a thing on used vans. Sadly, I think that's the only way we can get into one (well the one I want anyway haha!)

Does anyone have any ideas/experience of this?

Thanks

VW provide a PCP offering on 2nd hand cars so why not vans? Who’ve you spoken to?

Hi Wrencho,

I'm not sure about vans specifically, but I have a used Caravelle on PCP from VW Lancashire. I would I would have thought they could do a used van on PCP as well.

I spoke to a well known retailer who said there wasn't really a market for it (I was surprised) they have one company that will do it but the numbers are a bit much. I think it's an issue with the balloon on a van, even though it would be a very nice van!!

Can you claim the vat back? If not you could lease a new one as you only pay vat on the payments not the total cost of the van .

Thanks for the help. I can't claim the VAT back so lease is one option. I will also speak to Meridian.

Check out the repayment terms of a bank loan. Quite often they're a much better rate than a PCP or dealer finance.

Check out the repayment terms of a bank loan. Quite often they're a much better rate than a PCP or dealer finance.

Issue with that is the whole lot would be financed. Not just the difference between the screen price and the balloon. Not the ideal way to "purchase" a vehicle but currently the only viable option!

Can you get a converted van on Motability?

Alternatively, personal loans can be had at a low rate compared to rip off finance at the dealer.

What about a Caddy as an alternative?

Motability doesn't do trick vans haha! Plus the wife has the motability care for wee man as she tends to take him to appointments.

Back