New Member - Potentially A New Owner

Wrencho

Hello - sorry this might be a bit long winded...

We are thinking of replacing our E class estate with a LWB transporter (hopefully a really cool one if funds allow :))

Reason being our youngest son (5) is disabled and as he gets bigger it is becoming increasingly difficult to manhandle him in through a regular door "hole". We are also probably going to have more gear that needs lugging around with him as he grows, such as a larger manual wheelchair. Added to that we are going to be heading to the Alps a couple of times a year so the extra storage space will be handy. You may be able to tell I've already convinced myself of the need :).

I guess my question is experience of using a van as a daily. Probably preaching to the converted a bit here but is it feasible, or even pleasurable?

We go out on bikes quite a bit, using a thule towbar carrier. will that now be junk?

I've read a little bit on desired spec (LED's!!) but is there anything else I should look out for? I would really want a bulkhead to try and make it a bit more car like. Are they an aftermarket fitment?

Any recommended suppliers?

Sorry, as I said lots of questions I'm just trying to get my head around it considering the potential outlay!

Best thing to do is go test drive one,

But they drive like a car, and go for LEDS and a DSG 7 speed , you’ll not regret it

I’d presume you can get bulkheads behind the rear seats not a problem ? And twin sliding doors are Good idea also

Not sure what your budget is but this is one I was considering before I bought mine, seems like good value given the spec/mileage. Reason it wasn't for me - barn doors, bulkhead and the 3 seater rear bench.

Vehicles

There seemed to be a bit of wriggle room on a deal the way they were talking.

Back