PDC/ Parking sensor retrofit: front and rear

Personally i would save the heartache and spend the extra for one of these kits that includes the panels they mount on, much simpler as you wont have to make the cutouts for the sensors (which are not round !)

Ah okay yeah that makes sense I will just have to get them sprayed gloss but that shouldn’t be to much of a issue.

On the website it says about needing a tool vas 6614/1 i take it this is to attach the holders? Can the rear be done with diy tools or is it better to get someone with the tools to fit the sensors in rear and I can do the rest.

The rears are circular and can be done with a punch tool, you can find this online for £20-30

If you front trims are gloss then that reopens the debate on buying the more expensive kit, not sure whats easier/cheaper cut the holes or paint the panels ??

Reactions: mmi
The rears are circular and can be done with a punch tool, you can find this online for £20-30

If you front trims are gloss then that reopens the debate on buying the more expensive kit, not sure whats easier/cheaper cut the holes or paint the panels ??

With the fronts then is it a circular hole for the sensors then just the pdc bracket with the punch tool or when you say the holes are not circular is that the actual sensor holes? Would I have to use a dremmal or similar. I have plenty of hole saws and step bits but I will order a dremmal if it was needed. I suppose the easiest way I will get a quote to spray gloss then way up the costs.

Automatically activates the system at low speed when obstruction is detected. No need for pressing the console switch. Also dynamic guide lines are possible but I haven't confirmed that myself yet.

Automatically activates the system at low speed when obstruction is detected. No need for pressing the console switch. Also dynamic guide lines are possible but I haven't confirmed that myself yet.
More stuff to spend on :eek:

More OEM although not necessarily factory option :whistle: ;).

Reactions: mmi
I bought my front sensor kit from here (rears were already fitted). I went for the option with the extra panels. Service from them was good and the quality of the kit is also good. I have the standard PDC which does need a button press to activate front sensors if forward parking only. If you engage reverse first, fronts are activated and stay activated until approx 10MPH. I personally have not found this to be an issue despite my last car having fronts that activated automatically.

I also got a rear camera at the same time

Automatically activates the system at low speed when obstruction is detected. No need for pressing the console switch.

Better than the standard PDC, (used to the above on other brands the the above but the van is different)

Hi Just wondering how you got on with the kit, I have the rear sensors already on my Highline (67 plate T6, Composition Colour head unit), and am looking at trying to spread the cost by buying the kit and then getting them fitted. Just checking they worked OK , and if there were any issues with the supplier. I have Fogs, so was looking at the kit with the inserts. There was a mention of a different control unit, which gave added functionality, I am assuming the 8k one that comes with the kit is not the pq35unit.

The kit I was looking at is New 2015 VW Transporter / Multivan - T6 - Park Pilot Front w. OPS - UPGRADE KIT
I have a new DNX9190DABS to install at some point, which I have been told is compatible with the VW OPS system, but as I say trying to spread the cost out a bit ;), and will get the OPS in place first hopefully.
I have the kit you’re looking at fitted to my van. No problem with the kit nor the supplier. If you look at this thread you can see photos of the actual kit which may help?

Hi Just wondering how you got on with the kit, I have the rear sensors already on my Highline (67 plate T6, Composition Colour head unit), and am looking at trying to spread the cost by buying the kit and then getting them fitted. Just checking they worked OK , and if there were any issues with the supplier. I have Fogs, so was looking at the kit with the inserts. There was a mention of a different control unit, which gave added functionality, I am assuming the 8k one that comes with the kit is not the pq35unit.

Hiya bud still yet to fit, my boss took me of furlough so had to go back to work so everything with the van gas grinded to a holy at the minute. I ordered the kit with the 8k module, I did research the pq35 unit but to be honest I wasn’t going to ever use any of the extra functionality of it so just brought the complete kit of the link above.
Delivery was fast though and had no problem with the supplier.
I haven’t sourced the took to Mount the sensors yet though I have seen a few online for around the 60-70 mark but may just pay my local garage to mount the sensors as I don’t think there will be much in it if I just take them the front and rear bumper.

Hiya bud still yet to fit, my boss took me of furlough so had to go back to work so everything with the van gas grinded to a holy at the minute. I ordered the kit with the 8k module, I did research the pq35 unit but to be honest I wasn’t going to ever use any of the extra functionality of it so just brought the complete kit of the link above.
Delivery was fast though and had no problem with the supplier.
I haven’t sourced the took to Mount the sensors yet though I have seen a few online for around the 60-70 mark but may just pay my local garage to mount the sensors as I don’t think there will be much in it if I just take them the front and rear bumper.
Cheers I will buy the kit then and try and find an installer!

Back