How to activate front sensors

scrapi

HI all,

Just got a new t6 van. It has rear and front sensors, however the rear sensors work (noise and display) however there is no "view of the front" and the front don't seam to activate. There is also no parking sensor active button /switch.

Would the front sensors be just dummy or are they for something else? To get the fron sensors working would the radio/control unit need a update?

thanks

If front sensors are fitted there would be a dash button for them so prob dummies or upgraded bumper that had them in ?

got any pics?

you can see up behind to see if the is a wire loom connected to the sensors?

Ok. It look like they are just "place holders" on the bumper (nothing behind). Shame...that means I'll need to get them installed and software updated etc etc. Thanks for the suggestions.

I have OEM front sensors but they’re only active once I’ve engaged reverse gear and the rear camera, or if I press the button on the dash. This is a pain - I recently parked up in a supermarket car park with a bollard in front of me, but another parking space beyond. On returning to the van from behind a little while later, and as the bollard could not be seen from the driver’s seat, I tried to drive forwards to the exit route. Fortunately I was moving gently and didn’t do much damage, but this situation would have been avoided if (like in my Merc) parking sensors were on front and rear below 5mph. Is there any way of activating the front ones so they’re always on??

Hmm... Not sure if you can activate it in that manor.

But agree that would be a good solution.

Sub 5mph full action may be a good idea...... But could also be very annoying at traffic lights during normal driving.

Hmm... Not sure if you can activate it in that manor.

But agree that would be a good solution.

Sub 5mph full action may be a good idea...... But could also be very annoying at traffic lights during normal driving.
I have it on my Merc as I’ve said, and so long as you don’t try to get into the boot of the car ahead they don’t go off. It’s a light system where the audible warnings don’t start until you get close. If a pedestrian walks between you and the vehicle ahead when you’re stationary then they might beep, but otherwise they’re not a nuisance. As an aside, when I bought it the Merc salesman told me he’d had a BMW driver take a nice new Merc out for a test drive and drove it gently into a wall! She complained and said it hadn’t beeped at her like her Beemer does - and he helpfully pointed out ‘yes madam, but this is a Mercedes’!

T6 retrofit for "Automatic PDC activation when pulling into a parking space".here:

The retrofit was a by-product of a different retrofit - but also works as stand-alone.

Back