Parking sensor fault

kjohnr2001

Be yourself - everyone else is taken...
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all, T6 2017 T28 auto, just had the front bumper replaced, re-used the existing parking sensors, however I now have no park assist - rear camera not working, dash button flashing etc…
Could this be a fuse or sumting stupid like one of the sensors not plugged-in?
Sounds like me being stupid but can’t check at the mo as I’m at work…
Thanks all, will check when i get home but any steer would be appreciated

Hi all, T6 2017 T28 auto, just had the front bumper replaced, re-used the existing parking sensors, however I now have no park assist - rear camera not working, dash button flashing etc…
Mine stopped working after a power wash. Seems when they fail, the message about rear camera is there even if you don't have one fitted. I took mine apart and found the connectors had corroded but with a bit of cleaning and tinkering, I managed to get them working again. Seems the connectors let water in. With the help of people on here, I managed to buy some new connectors which I will fit in the summer as didn't get around to it this year.

Have a look at the connectors again - slightest bit of corrosion/crap stopped mine from working so give em a good clean and dousing in WD40. Might get them going again.

Last edited:
A VCDS scan told me I had a faulty parking sensor a couple of weeks ago which caused the same symptoms as you have. I replaced it and the fault was still there. When I checked, it turned out that I hadn't plugged it back in properly. Hopefully yours will be as simple as a plug not pushed all the way home.

Will have a look tomorrow but all the hints I’m getting is a dodgy connection….
Cheers

Definitely a lunched front sensor - 2 replacements ordered, plus both front wheel arch liners (huge holes in each, connectors behind bumper soaked as a result)….
Wish me luck!

Hi all I’ve just bought a 2017 T6 which someone had started converting & couldn’t afford to finish. So thought I’d give it a shot. Enjoying it so far but just had a problem start with the parking sensors. It beeps for a few seconds then nothing & the van & distance bars won’t come up on the radio. Tried listening to the sensors for clicking & found one which wasn’t so replaced it but still not working. I checked the wires with a multi meter & got continuity from all the sensors to the control module but still not working. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Attached pictures of the connectors I’ve checked.

57FE83B1-015B-400C-9745-285DDCF348E4.jpeg

1D9C014D-9E8C-42B6-B041-F93585097ADE.jpeg

68B6FCCF-3546-4B89-8888-9DED141C5005.jpeg

Back