Panel van Tyre pressure monitor enable.

mark

VCDS User
T6 Pro
Can't believe that Panel vans don't come with the flat tyre warning enabled- its surly a good safety feature with no downside at all.

Kombis come with this as standard the Panel vans don't as VW charge £60 as an option !!

Considering that all the hardware is already fitted Its £60 to change TWO codes. One code enables the system and the light flashes up
on start up and another code enables the reset menu on the MFD ( without the MFD you'd need to install a reset button or use VCDS )

So its a zero cost item for VW to improve the safety features of all the vans and yet they want to charge £60 to tick two boxes.....!

I'd probably of paid this at the time of ordering but it wasn't even an option at the time, so after a fair bit of searching and faffing about I've enabled mine on a MY16 Panel van. The dash symbol now lights up and the menu now displays the Tyre pressure menu. Mine already had the TPMS box ticked from standard but to get the system working two codes need to change on the ABS module. This module doesn't have a long code helper so its not the easiest to work with but as long as the original numbers are noted down you cant really go wrong...

From the research I've done the ABS system seems to be very uniform across the T6 versions, so I'd guess these codes would work with a lot of the T6 PV's.

( one of the kids has 'borrowed ' my laptop once found will edit this post asap with the numbers )

Cheers.

Good info, thanks for sharing, have you seen the other thread about us needing VCDS scans from different vehicles ?
Any chance of a copy of your basic scan please ?

Can't seem to edit my first post so I'll chuck it in here-

This has worked on three vans now, two 140's and my own 180. No idea what others it'll work on but might be worth a try !

My abs controller -- 7EO 907 37 9 P

VCDS

03-ABS controller

coding 07

long code helper

Change byte 15 to D3

This enables TPMS so the light flashes on with ignition on and brings up the MFD menu that allows the pressure to be stored

There's also a TPMS tick on the instruments section but this has already been ticked by default- might be worth double checking though.

As stated already this has worked on two mates vans( all MY 16 )no idea if it'll work on anyone else's but might be worth a punt.

Cheers.

( will post my scan asap )

What van do you have @foggy3061
The ones listed above are all euro 5 engines so may be some changes for euro 6 ??
Have you checked to see if you have the same ABS module ?

I was under the assumption that tpm had to be fitted and working under the new regs, the same as drl's.

What van do you have @foggy3061
The ones listed above are all euro 5 engines so may be some changes for euro 6 ??
Have you checked to see if you have the same ABS module ?

A T6 Panel Van SWB Euro 5 102. The ABS controller has the same part number as the one listed above but my stock long coding probably differs.

Original Long Coding: 517E4098256684828A7A0278A48921E6390000

Last edited:
So, now i have a little more time i've had a look at it again. I have changed my ABS module coding from,

Original long coding: 51 7E 40 98 25 66 84 82 8A 7A 02 78 A4 89 21 E6 39 00 00
New long coding:.— 51 7E 40 98 25 66 84 82 8A 7A 02 78 A4 89 21 F6 39 00 00 (Byte 15, Bit 4 now checked)

The Tyre pressure symbol now illuminates in the instruments briefly at key turn, I also checked that the TPMS box in the Instrument module coding was ticked (Byte 2, Bit 0), turns out it was already! However, i dont have a tyre pressure reset option in the MFD yet.

Mark had mentioned previously that two changes in the ABS module coding are needed but only refers to one on byte 15.....unless both are made on the same byte to make 'D3'?

Maybe this is what im missing to allow the tyre pressure reset option?

Mine already had the TPMS box ticked from standard but to get the system working two codes need to change on the ABS module.

Change byte 15 to D3

This enables TPMS so the light flashes on with ignition on and brings up the MFD menu that allows the pressure to be stored

There's also a TPMS tick on the instruments section but this has already been ticked by default- might be worth double checking though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will check my notes tomorrow and see if anything looks like it might help.

It looks like you've enabled the TPMS for startline vans that have the reset button in the glovebox, it's another byte to enable the TPMS with mfd reset. The one enabled already will need to go back to original.

Will check my notes tomorrow and see if anything looks like it might help.

It looks like you've enabled the TPMS for startline vans that have the reset button in the glovebox, it's another byte to enable the TPMS with mfd reset. The one enabled already will need to go back to original.

Thanks Mark.

I'll go and reverse that coding change and see if anything else on that byte works.

This worked fine for my panel van...did as instructed above and came up in the MFD to set the pressures...accepted fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Byte 15 has 7 Bits - 1,2,5,6,7 are checked on the standard coding, only 0,3,4 are unchecked.

So i returned Byte 15, Bit 4 to 'unchecked'.
I then tried Bit 3 and get the TPMS icon but still no MFD tyre pressure rest option! This would be a lot easier if VCDS label this module on the next update! :unsure:

Im not sure they will label it as generally it states this is a safety critical module please dont change etc etc

On mine we just changed the applicable part of the coding by copying the code and pasted it into the new code part in coding and changed the relevant letters to D3. This worked and came up in the mfd. Didn't change it via the tick boxes.

Hope that helps.

Im not sure they will label it as generally it states this is a safety critical module please dont change etc etc

Shame, it would be interesting to see what these check boxes relate to function-wise.

On mine we just changed the applicable part of the coding by copying the code and pasted it into the new code part in coding and changed the relevant letters to D3. This worked and came up in the mfd. Didn't change it via the tick boxes.

Hope that helps.

Looks like that's the only thing left to try! Will give it a go tonight, thanks dubhead. :thumbsup:

Well....good news! I returned my ABS module coding to standard and altered Byte 15 directly to D3 (ignoring the long coding helper), all works as it should now (TPMS light on key turn and MFD tyre pressure reset menu)!

Van%20TPMS%20enable%20%20MFD%20reset%20coding%20change_zps3x2ffsj2.jpg

Thanks to you all for your help and advice! :thumbsup:

Back