T6.1 Tyre Pressure Monitoring System Activation (Indirect TPMS)

I had another go at this today and still no joy. I get this message when entering the long coding helper. Do you get this message?
Yes. It's because indeed there is no documented coding information available for this specific controller.
Just click OK and you'll get a blank coding template - tickboxes prefilled with your coding.
1676134052668.png
Well, if the tickboxes are missing, select LCode2 from menu line (allows to change any bit, not just the documented ones).

i' e just tried it again this aft and still get the same message. Tried the LCode2 from the menu. I must be doing something wrong. When i select LCode2 it opens a new window. Do i make all the changes in the new window?

When i select LCode2 it opens a new window. Do i make all the changes in the new window?
Yes - the message will be there always.
Yes - make all the changes in the new window, Exit, it returns (the new full code) to previous Recode window, click Do It!

Just to be sure - before clicking Do It! - verify the "Current coding" and "New coding" look similar.
And, you surely have done an Auto-Scan before any changes?

Sorted at last! So when I was going into the long coding helper the tick boxes were present for Byte 0 but no other. If I straight away clicked LCode2 it opened up a new window but Byte 0 Bit 5 was already showing 0. It also wouldn’t let me go any higher than Byte 6. I way I got it to work was open the long coding helper, change from Byte 0 to Byte 1 and then back to Byte 0 and the tick boxes disappeared. Then when I opened LCode2 it let me make all the necessary changes.

All working correctly. Thank you all for your help and I hope that makes sense?!

Excellent!
It also wouldn’t let me go any higher than Byte 6.
This sounds like the actual code was not initially transferred correctly to long coding helper/LCode2 - instead the helper possibly showed just it's internal example (which has only bytes 0..6 as in my post above). I have seen that happening in the past but it's still unclear why/when it happens.

@Pauly
A massive Thank You for this...
I've followed your instructions and did all the long coding via ODB Eleven (Pro). This was a super easy 5 minutes job.
Once a few errors were cleared, all works perfectly.
On my new T6.1 (2022) , I now have the Indirect TPMS and have the screen to set the value. The set value is recorded and accepted perfectly....
Thank you for enabling something that my local van centre said wasn't possible:)

Good to hear another successful outcome and thanks for letting us know
and credit goes to @mmi who did his fair share of coding comparisons and checking (there may have been spreadsheets ;) ) so we could get this done

Hi I have be trying to do yhis on my 2021 I get as far as module 5F adaptions cant find any of theses to activate my Eng list starts with ENG 122230

these one are not listed

ENG122227-ENG117541
ENG122227-ENG117543
ENG122229-ENG117704
ENG122229-ENG117705
Can some please help

Hi I have be trying to do yhis on my 2021 I get as far as module 5F adaptions cant find any of theses to activate my Eng list starts with ENG 122230

these one are not listed

ENG122227-ENG117541
ENG122227-ENG117543
ENG122229-ENG117704
ENG122229-ENG117705
Can some please help
Search for description rather than channel numbers.
I have activated indirect TPMS recently and initially I had the same problem as you.

Reactions: mmi
Yes I do but they are all not activated how do I activate these if they are what I require
Ok I worked it out. all coding and adaptations carried out as per the guide all excepted but I do not have the extra slot in the vehical menu for the tyres

Yes I do but they are all not activated how do I activate these if they are what I require
Yes, I believe those will do the trick for you. The adaptations above are from factory setup - from a T6.1 with navigation and factory installed TPMS
Could you please make full adaptation map from yours (for future reference).

VCDS > Applications > Controller Channel Map​

1678035709201.png
The result will be in file adpmap-5F-... in folder C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs\
Please post the file.

Ok but why do I not have the extra slot in the vehical menus for the TPMS
Not sure what you mean - tyre size selection? For passive TPMS there is no selections - just the below (SET).

1678037046106.png

Back