T6.1 Tyre Pressure Monitoring System Activation (Indirect TPMS)

Just to double(triple)check please post
A) VCDS Auto-Scan and adaptation map from 5F - before any changes were made
B) Current VCDS Auto-Scan and adaptation map from 5F

Just to double(triple)check please post
A) VCDS Auto-Scan and adaptation map from 5F - before any changes were made
B) Current VCDS Auto-Scan and adaptation map fro
Ok will do later today see how work goes

All don't know what I did differently but rechecked all changes all good saved everything, closed bonnet cycled ignition and now I have the TPMS screen.
Thankyou all for your help and hard work.
What else can changed ?
Once again THANKYOU

Just got a VCDS and would like to have TPMS on my 2022 T6.1. Is there a chance of someone doing a quick video of the steps to enable indirect TPMS?

To activate TPMS we are going to start with module 03 ABS

Enter module 3 and then go into coding/long coding helper
In here we need to change the five values below, its important that all five are changed at the same time, changing them one at a time does not work and will generate an error
Byte 0 Bit 5 - 0
Byte 6 Bit 3 - 0
Byte 8 Bit 2 - 0
Byte 14 Bit 4 - 0
Byte 17 Bit 4 - 1

save the changes and exit
dont worry if faults appear they will sort them selves out when the rest of the programming is done

--------------------------------------------------------------

Now we are going to move on to module 17 instruments

Enter module 17 and then go into coding/long coding helper
Find Byte 4 Bit 0 and turn on (put a tick in the box)

Lastly is module 5F infotainment

Enter module 5F and then go into adaptions
All should show 'not active' so need to be changed to the below values (its quite a long list so use the search box to shortcut to 'rdk' and '0x07' channels)

ENG122227-ENG117541-Car_Function_Adaptions_Gen2-menu_display_rdk = activated
ENG122227-ENG117543-Car_Function_Adaptions_Gen2-menu_display_rdk_over_threshold_high = activated
ENG122229-ENG117704-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-tire_pressure_system_0x07 = activated
ENG122229-ENG117705-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-tire_pressure_system_0x07_msg_bus = Extended data bus

Thats it, everything can be saved and exited, after all changes are made reset any fault codes that are showing
Just activated indirect TPMS this morning using the settings detailed in this post and it works. Thanks Pauly

Is anybody or place in London or nearby able to help me with this? I failed a mot today as can't get rid of tyre pressure warning light. Local vw garage don't wanna help. Happy to pay for your service. Matthew.baker@me.com
Hi

Now have same issue. 6.1 Kombi with tyre warning light after fitting 20s with std valves

Did you find someone in London/Essex area that can help?

Thanks

Ok but why do I not have the extra slot in the vehical menus for the TPMS
Hi

Now have same issue. 6.1 Kombi with tyre warning light after fitting 20s with std valves

Did you find someone in London/Essex area that can help?

Thanks
Hi, did you resolve the tire warning light not going off. I have the same problem on my 2021 T6.1.

Tire pressures are fine. I followed the steps above to get the TPMS screen, click ‘set’ but the light won’t go off.

Been told by garage that did its first service that this will fail the MOT.

Thanks

To activate TPMS we are going to start with module 03 ABS

Enter module 3 and then go into coding/long coding helper
In here we need to change the five values below, its important that all five are changed at the same time, changing them one at a time does not work and will generate an error
Byte 0 Bit 5 - 0
Byte 6 Bit 3 - 0
Byte 8 Bit 2 - 0
Byte 14 Bit 4 - 0
Byte 17 Bit 4 - 1

dont worry if faults appear they will sort them selves out when the rest of the programming is done

Now we are going to move on to module 17 instruments

Enter module 17 and then go into coding/long coding helper
Find Byte 4 Bit 0 and turn on (put a tick in the box)

Lastly is module 5F infotainment

Enter module 5F and then go into adaptions
All should show 'not active' so need to be changed to the below values (its quite a long list so use the search box to shortcut to 'rdk' and '0x07' channels)

ENG122227-ENG117541-Car_Function_Adaptions_Gen2-menu_display_rdk = activated
ENG122227-ENG117543-Car_Function_Adaptions_Gen2-menu_display_rdk_over_threshold_high = activated
ENG122229-ENG117704-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-tire_pressure_system_0x07 = activated
ENG122229-ENG117705-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-tire_pressure_system_0x07_msg_bus = Extended data bus

Thats it, everything can be saved and exited, after all changes are made reset any fault codes that are showing
Hi Mate, can you help me with the chances I need to make in the ABS for the coding for TPMS on T6.1.

Here is my ABS coding. Thanks

Screenshot_20240301_201650_Gallery.jpg

Just follow the steps in post 1, coding changes are just tick boxes

I'm not using VCDS, van is too new and VCDS doesn't support it yet. Using Autel to do it so the tick box option isn't available on there
More likely your VCDS dongle is too old

Hi there, I tried this as we have the tpms direct system but no change, is this only for those who did not have it as all??

Dont see why you would want both active !
I think you would need to disable/remove direct to activate indirect, its likely there would be some coding/adaption conflicts

Thanks Pauly, would you know that procedure, I have 3 vans with direct tpms faults , sensors missing and one Brocken

Sorry mate, no
It should be relatively easy to disable it by coding out the direct tpms module from the gateway but there will be several adaption channels in the headunit and the cluster that would need to be changed to fully remove it

Back