Panel van Tyre pressure monitor enable.

Hi, does anyone know if these settings work with a euro 6 204 PV?

I imagine it may well do, its worked on a range of euro 5's so far. Have a look at your ABS module part number and coding then compare to the info posted on page one.
If you save your original coding then try the coding change I was guided to, you should soon see if it works. :thumbsup:

Just a guess but wonder if vw don't enable tpm on vans because they expect the load weight to vary more than a combi, in which case the tyres will distort more and appear to have a smaller diameter thus giving the illusion of being low pressure.

does anyone have a coding table for this byte? i can PM why if needed

thanks

i have proper cable thanks issue is i change coding for ESP and Rosstech wont help

Ian0004, I have a euro 6 204 PV, and I have done this mod today and it worked on mine. Another great mod from this forum and it’s members. Cheers.

Boom ! Enabled this on my new to me 2018 PV 204. Byte 15 only needed on the ABS ECU. Menu, warning lamp, the lot. Many thanks OP !

What a great forum.

Hi Guys, has anyone got VCDS near Daventry and would be willing to turn on my TPMS?...beer vouchers ready :)

Thanks

Matt

I can I am just out side rugby
But not until one night next week ,do you know the bit and bite number?
John

HI John, That's great...I'm off next week, so can be available any time :) I'm not going anywhere, just need some time away from work! I think the answers for bits and bytes are in this thread... #foggy3061 shows the VCDS screen.....think that should be enough...but saying that I haven't seen the VCDS system, so really shouldn't comment!

I have a 2017 T6 Euro 6, I went through the process of changing the Byte 15 to D3 from E6 as detailed above.
As soon as I clicked 'Do It!' I got 3 lights lit on the dash, ABS warning, ESC Off and another ESC warning symbol, which was a worry as I don't have an ESC On/Off button!
The TPMS active box was ticked in Instruments module already.
The Tyre Pressure option appeared in the MFD list but repeated attempts to set the tyre pressures resulted in a 'Failed to store settings' warning.
So I unticked the box in Instruments, saved it, and turned off the van then restarted it, tried to store the pressures again and it failed again, so I went back in and ticked the box again, saved it and switched off again.
This time, on restarting the van, I could set the tyre pressures. (whew!) so all is good!
One thing I noticed looking through the various options was a Normal/Robust/SuperRobust & Sensitive options under the Adaptations list for TPMS, Anybody know what they are?
I also turned off the Seat Belt warning as well (it seems there are 4 version options for that one in Instruments adaptation, no idea what the differences are but mine was set as version 4) but now disabled/not ticked (under instruments/coding/byte 1)

I have just been playing with this on a MY19 diesel. Byte 15 was A6 so I did not want to change too many bits by setting it to D3. I found bit 5 when on would bring on the tpms symbol momentarily with the ignition and bit 6 when turned off got the mfd setting working. So for me byte 15 was changed from A6 to 96.

Reactions: mmi
Can't believe that Panel vans don't come with the flat tyre warning enabled- its surly a good safety feature with no downside at all.

Kombis come with this as standard the Panel vans don't as VW charge £60 as an option !!

Considering that all the hardware is already fitted Its £60 to change TWO codes. One code enables the system and the light flashes up
on start up and another code enables the reset menu on the MFD ( without the MFD you'd need to install a reset button or use VCDS )

So its a zero cost item for VW to improve the safety features of all the vans and yet they want to charge £60 to tick two boxes.....!

I'd probably of paid this at the time of ordering but it wasn't even an option at the time, so after a fair bit of searching and faffing about I've enabled mine on a MY16 Panel van. The dash symbol now lights up and the menu now displays the Tyre pressure menu. Mine already had the TPMS box ticked from standard but to get the system working two codes need to change on the ABS module. This module doesn't have a long code helper so its not the easiest to work with but as long as the original numbers are noted down you cant really go wrong...

From the research I've done the ABS system seems to be very uniform across the T6 versions, so I'd guess these codes would work with a lot of the T6 PV's.

( one of the kids has 'borrowed ' my laptop once found will edit this post asap with the numbers )

Cheers.
My VW T6 has tyre pressure warning and a set button.

My mechanic activated TPMS on one of my 2018 T6 panel van. Light shows on the dash and I was able to store tire pressure on the MFD however, when I deflated one of the front tires, no alarm went on....

Stored pressure was at 51 PSI. I did a test at 40-30-25 and 20. Took the van for a 1km trip each time to test. Alarm never went on.

Is there something else that should be activated?

Back