Paid for lowering springs but having doubts they’ve been fitted..

CAT3

I bought my van in November last year & ordered lowering springs at the same time. The springs have only just arrived at the dealer & they were fitted today. However, the van didn't really look any/much different to when I dropped it off.
After arranging to have them fitted when they told me they had arrived, I got a phone call last week telling me the springs still hadn't arrived. Turns out there was a "mix up" !!

However, the van doesn't look any different to when I took it in & the drive home was dry. The springs do not look new/fresh & the marks they have printed on I'm sure were the same as when I looked at them when I first got the van. The rear shock absorber lower bolt doesn't look like it's had a spanner/socket on it, which I would have assumed should have been removed to change the springs.

Front springs have the following marks printed on them, 19/22 VW677A & the rears have 26/22 VW677. I'm sure when I told them what springs were fitted it was the same, or very similar numbers on the springs when I looked.
I'd like to know if these markings are from standard springs, which I suspect they might be.
I can't believe a main dealer would do such a thing , but ................ !

Could anybody who's got the same type van possibly have a look at their's & let me know what markings are on their springs please ?
I have a really bad feeling that the dealer has not done the work they were paid to do.

Assume the dealer gave you back your old springs in a box to take home in case you wanted to restore it back to before the 'lowered' springs were fitted? If not I'd start by asking for them back pronto.

Also, and I'm no expert on this, most vans were/are 460mm from hub centre to wheel arch front and back subject to van + weight in the van. I stand to be corrected on this and your specific van. But a good start to see if its any lower.

No the dealer did not return the original springs !!

I assume you mean wheel centre to the top of the wheel arch ?

My drive is on a hill & the front is 425mm front & 445mm rear. I'll go & park it on a flat bit of road shortly & check it there.

I have just been to the VW dealer on Trafford Park to measure a few there & they were all 30.5" from the road to the top of the wheel arch.

Best call the dealer and say you can't find the old springs in the van..... I will drop in and pick them up. Also ask them what drop you should expect to see....30mm, 50mm ?

Don't measure from the road, too many variables. Only measure wheel centre to top of arch

Just been to measure on a flat bit of road & the fronts are 29.5" from the road surface to the top of the wheel arch, the rears are 30.5".

Even though I have 19" wheels & 255/40-19 tyres it would appear the dealer may well have stiffed me !

Just measured again from wheel centre to top of the wheel arch & the rears are 440mm & the fronts are 430mm.

I bought my van in November last year & ordered lowering springs at the same time. The springs have only just arrived at the dealer & they were fitted today. However, the van didn't really look any/much different to when I dropped it off.
After arranging to have them fitted when they told me they had arrived, I got a phone call last week telling me the springs still hadn't arrived. Turns out there was a "mix up" !!

However, the van doesn't look any different to when I took it in & the drive home was dry. The springs do not look new/fresh & the marks they have printed on I'm sure were the same as when I looked at them when I first got the van. The rear shock absorber lower bolt doesn't look like it's had a spanner/socket on it, which I would have assumed should have been removed to change the springs.

Front springs have the following marks printed on them, 19/22 VW677A & the rears have 26/22 VW677. I'm sure when I told them what springs were fitted it was the same, or very similar numbers on the springs when I looked.
I'd like to know if these markings are from standard springs, which I suspect they might be.
I can't believe a main dealer would do such a thing , but ................ !

Could anybody who's got the same type van possibly have a look at their's & let me know what markings are on their springs please ?
I have a really bad feeling that the dealer has not done the work they were paid to do.
Can you not photo the springs that have been fitted today & post the pics on here?
I am sure 1 of the T6 Forum folk could tell you if they are new?

What was the mileage - dealer back to home?

This thread may help identify them:

Here's some pictures of the rears,
C116F7E9-2478-435D-AC1F-F7058E95AFE4_1_201_a.jpeg
90F72918-8630-4C1F-8E10-267F6180391F_1_201_a.jpeg

And the fronts,
DE51DCB2-621A-49F1-AF4A-91DF4FC4FA66_1_201_a.jpeg
90F72918-8630-4C1F-8E10-267F6180391F_1_201_a.jpeg
There doesn't appear to be any coloured bands on the coils, but it is dark now, I can have a look tomorrow if need be.
I was hoping someone might recognise the number codes.
The van has done 2497 miles to date & the journey home from the dealer was in the dry & about 50 miles. All the pictures above were taken today, so they are the supposed brand new springs with 50 dry miles on them.
Also, there is no evidence of any of the fasteners being removed that I would have thought should have been removed in order to carry out the job.

Also, here's a couple of side views, not a brilliant comparison, but there doesn't look to be any difference in stance. The first side view is before & the second is after.
B96949E6-AD47-4124-861F-5525B21A53ED_1_105_c.jpeg
69D32347-31E5-4964-90F5-12221539D2DE_1_105_c.jpeg

DE51DCB2-621A-49F1-AF4A-91DF4FC4FA66_1_201_a.jpeg

Here's some pictures of the rears,
View attachment 211650
View attachment 211651

And the fronts,
View attachment 211653
View attachment 211654
There doesn't appear to be any coloured bands on the coils, but it is dark now, I can have a look tomorrow if need be.
I was hoping someone might recognise the number codes.
The van has done 2497 miles to date & the journey home from the dealer was in the dry & about 50 miles. All the pictures above were taken today, so they are the supposed brand new springs with 50 dry miles on them.
Also, there is no evidence of any of the fasteners being removed that I would have thought should have been removed in order to carry out the job.

Also, here's a couple of side views, not a brilliant comparison, but there doesn't look to be any difference in stance. The first side view is before & the second is after.
View attachment 211655
View attachment 211656

View attachment 211652
If you Google Vw677 then an Ebay add comes up with an Eibach -30mm lowering spring..,

1693428131334.png

Also, look at this Forum thread:

They are 100% -30mm Eibach lowering springs
Thanks for that, it would seem that I was expecting more of a drop than I received. In fairness I never asked what drop the springs they were going to fit would give, I just assumed it would be like my other van, which had -40mm H&R springs.
Also, the springs were not clean, but I suppose the dealer could have changed them the day before, (I dropped the van off the day before) & I think it did rain the previous day.
Obviously going off the numbers on the current springs on my van they are indeed -30mm Eibach items so I'll have to eat some humble pie now !
Thanks again guys for your help.

I do have to say though, that I have had 2 sets of Eibach -30mm springs on my vans and both have given a centre of wheel to top of wheel arch measurement of 410mm.
Yours does look high, I must admit

This is the back of my empty kombi with the -30 Eibach springs fitted.

20220821_120443.jpg

Back