Operation B14 has commenced

Can I fit the B14 kit to a T32 T6 shuttle, I am fitting 18" Ronal R50 wheels too. However it comes with Active Cruise Control....am I still able to do as I plan?

thanks.....on 2 different threads I have seen commmets about ACC Active Cruise Control being affected...( how it is affected I am unsure). So a bit confused with the comments and where this thinking would have came from.

You're not confusing active cruise control with active chassis control? People seem to abbreviate both with aac....

Active cruise is just a radar in the front bumper. Height won't really effect it.

Mines is definetly Active Cruise Control and is listed as ACC on the Vw build spec sheet. Also saw DCC listed as a concern but thought that was just a typo....as don't know what DCC is.

ACC is the front radar that automatically controls cruise speed
DCC is electronically controlled suspension dampers that continually adjust suspension settings/firmness

There was some info posted a while back from a website quoting that VW in Germany said vehicles with either should not be lowered but dealers in the UK are fitting springs to these vehicles with no problem but if you have DCC fitting a coilover kit would remove the electronic damper so would be a lot more complicated/expensive

VW will not honour any warranty issues with ACC if you have lowered the vehicle. As you've lowered it it altered where the radar picks up. As always they are covering their back sides. My kombi is fully lowered on B14's and I've had no issues at all with the ACC.

You just need to be aware of this.

What if it is retro lowered by them on their Eibach 30mm springs? Would it still invalidate the warranty?

Ok I have my local VW centre quoting me for rear spoiler, front spoiler and sportline wheels now so I will ask them about the ACC. I am sure though that this is still an optional extra on Sportline models.

I'm booked in on the 12th May to visit Bognor Motors to have B14's fitted to my Gen6. Oli has found a device from KW that removes the DCC issue.
Interesting, @BognorMotors certainly seem to know their stuff.
What is it Oli that needs to be fitted ?
I assume a blanking device/dongle to plug the OE cables into to stop faults or do you actually program DCC out ?

Hello

You can actually code it out, but the more efficient way is a bypass kit available from KW - Even Bilstein recommend you use the KW kit. Its the first DCC to B14 we will have done, so will report back after - It should all be straight forward though. And transform the look and ride .

Yes all the suspension is going on a week Tuesday as the roll bars are here to, so it can all be done together.
Excellent @StudleyGlass , then we'll both be in team white and team B14 together. You're stalking me :sneaky:, but I'll let you off as soon as you give me litre of new oil that I'm still waiting for!!;)

Back