Operation B14 has commenced

Sounds like there might have been alot of 'rubbing' talk going on then fella's.. keep it to pm's pls. :whistle:

P.s I was mearly saying from an asthetics point, if daveyb want to try a couple to know etc..

T-22 days for me

@DaveyB if you were to do it again would you still get the rear 10mm higher than the front? Thats what I'm planning on doing but want to be sure. Mine won't be towing anything just a camper conversion

T-22 days for me

@DaveyB if you were to do it again would you still get the rear 10mm higher than the front? Thats what I'm planning on doing but want to be sure. Mine won't be towing anything just a camper conversion
It's a really difficult one in all honesty @xpfloyd.
When it is used daily the rear just sits too high. If I am towing the RIB or the sailing Dinghys, even with the kombi bed in the back, the rear sits higher than the front. It was only this weekend when the back was full to the roof with camping stuff and the RIB was being towed, that the rear was squatting at the same height as the front. I have to conclude therefore that if the rear was the same height as the front normally, then this amount of kit would have caused the rear to be very low, which may have caused issues. However i would probably only be loaded like that half a dozen times a year.

Risk it for a biscuit.. adjustable mate.. hands an knees half dozen times..
Oh and before u say... " get a shorter spanner".

Geez that one did have to crazy words in there..doh!

Last edited:
I don't mind adjusting myself after the fact but I've read one of the ends is difficult to get the spanner onto (can't rememnber if it's front or back). I like a slight forward rake, might go for a 5mm difference

I don't mind adjusting myself after the fact but I've read one of the ends is difficult to get the spanner onto (can't rememnber if it's front or back). I like a slight forward rake, might go for a 5mm difference
Having had the back end up in the air (the back end of the van that is), getting the spanners in to make the adjustment appears to be a bloomin nightmare, had a try and a play and could not figure it out. Gave up and dropped it back down. It may be easier if you can get it on a ramp.

If it helps at all here's a pic of the rear adjuster. I'm sure as you go lower it will be more difficult to adjust in situ. as you have less working space for the C-Spanners.

My B14 springs are still sat here in my office, as I'd really like to get the height right first time. But need to do more research and maybe have another chat with Bilstein's Tech Guy - who was previously really helpful.

IMG_0264.JPG

I had 50mm eibach racelines on my T5 which were great and I couldn't fault them but looking at all the options for my T6 air would be the way to go but big dollar so B14's next best option. Happy with the way yours is looking @DaveyB so going to get mine booked in with Transporter HQ, just hoping it's not to low as I'm always up and down curbs & drives so don't want to knacker my front spoiler. l'm hoping my 18 inch sportlines don't look too lost or I may have to rethink them. :thumbsup::)

I had 50mm eibach racelines on my T5 which were great and I couldn't fault them but looking at all the options for my T6 air would be the way to go but big dollar so B14's next best option. Happy with the way yours is looking @DaveyB so going to get mine booked in with Transporter HQ, just hoping it's not to low as I'm always up and down curbs & drives so don't want to knacker my front spoiler. l'm hoping my 18 inch sportlines don't look too lost or I may have to rethink them. :thumbsup::)
@Blindman i think you will happy with the final look. The sports lines just seem to look better and fill the arches with the van sitting lower. I was convinced I wanted bigger alloys, but now am really happy with it. May have to let @Fish talk me into trying on his wheel spacers though.
TransporterHQ have done pretty well out of people on here buying B14's, shame the chap that runs it (Andy aka Roscoetraildog) isn't on here much since joining months ago. He could really share what he does with everyone as other folk do. Plus he is centrally based near to two significant motorways, the M6 and M1.

Yeah hope so, can't wait to get it sorted, hopefully next couple of weeks. Get back to not tripping up the step getting in the van! Lol used to my T5 height.

Yeah hope so, can't wait to get it sorted, hopefully next couple of weeks. Get back to not tripping up the step getting in the van! Lol used to my T5 height.
Whilst it is not the Sportline front splitter like yours, I have the Maxton and haven't hit it on anything yet (he says touching the table).

Back