Oil change T6.1 CXEC MY -20

Sprengarfjord

Swedish Member
Hello.
I'm going to change the oil in my car, it's an automatic 198BHP 4 motion.
I have all the parts needed but i have two questions. The oil filter is it placed behind the engine, if so do i need to remove anything under the car?
Do i need to have the car levelled when I get all the oil out from the engine or is it okay to lift it up in the front?
I read a maintenance sheet the filter is first replaced and after that I open the oil plug in the bottom?
Or can I just open up the oil plug and when the engine is empty, I can remove the oil filter?
Regards.

I think the cxec is the same as my Cxeb having just done some Googling.
The oil filter in underneath, next to the sump. Take the underbody engine cover off.
Remove the small centre bolt from the oil filter canister and allow the canister to drain.
Then remove the whole canister and swap the filter-replacing the 2 o rings- and replace the canister and the drain plug.
Remove sump plug
Drain oil from sump.
Refit sump plug
Refill with oil.
The sump plug is at the rear of the engine so I’m pretty sure it’s ok to jack the front up. That’s how I did mine.

The oil filter in underneath, next to the sump. Take the underbody engine cover off.
Remove the small centre bolt from the oil filter canister and allow the canister to drain.
Then remove the whole canister and swap the filter-replacing the 2 o rings- and replace the canister and the drain plug.
Remove sump plug
Drain oil from sump.
Refit sump plug
Refill with oil.
The sump plug is at the rear of the engine so I’m pretty sure it’s ok to jack the front up. That’s how I did mine.
Thank you for your input.
Then I can do all of it tomorrow.
Awesome. :)

What oil u using? My dealer insist on 0-30 for this engine.
I Use 5W-40. but most dealers recommend 5w-30 LL I seem to have misplaced my user manual for the car, there is a code for the oil which is important to follow as well.
VW 504.00, VW 507.00 is worth looking for.
I use cheaper oil in the winter due to no caravan towing..

Remove sump plug
Drain oil from sump.
Refit sump plug
Refill with oil.
Thank you for your support. Oil change with new filter went well. Just needed to borrow a 34 socket (right name in English?) to remove the filter. :)
Oil change reset in the car is also made with Icarsoft CR max. Awesome tool to check the diagnostics. :)
Feels much better now.
15000km and then change the filter and oil again.

Regards Daniel

Thank you for your support. Oil change with new filter went well. Just needed to borrow a 34 socket (right name in English?) to remove the filter. :)
Oil change reset in the car is also made with Icarsoft CR max. Awesome tool to check the diagnostics. :)
Feels much better now.
15000km and then change the filter and oil again.

Regards Daniel
Good news. Yeah the 34mm socket is a pain to find.

Good news. Yeah the 34mm socket is a pain to find.
Well. I have a farmer as a neighbour. He was very surprised the size of the socket needed to lose the filter holder.
By the way. Got some good help from my 11 yo son. He is good at many thing. And he surprises a lot. :)
Now he know all the steps and can do it by him self in the spring.

Back