Advised oil level over filled

Jonni2rets

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all bit of advice needed, just last week having my t6 in for a new head unit I was advised the oil level was over full and would need draining when I was collecting my vehicle.
Was told do I do many miles or short trips in it, I said it was driven ever every day and did long trips but now it’s a second vehicle and sits on the drive most of the week. His response was that it was a thing called diesel seepage with not bein used much it can raise the oil level.
The van has never used oil between oil changes from vw.
Iv bought oil extraction pump and removed the excess oil into a 1.5 litre bottle and it’s filled half of it up.
I’m not technically minded when coming to the engine side of a vehicle but to me this shouldn’t happen should it?

Have a Search on ‘fuel dilution’ and ‘oil analysis’.
It is possible that there is one or more leaking injectors - in which case the issue needs repairing. Far more likely is the common problem of fuel dilution of the engine oil due to additional fuel being injected in the DPF re-generation cycle. If this is not completely burnt it will pass the piston rings, washing the lubricating oil off on the way to the crankcase.
The fuel degrades the lubrication properties of the engine oil and will result in accelerated engine wear and premature failure.
My advice is to have an oil and filter change as soon as possible given that you have drained 0.75L off.

The oil analysis caution for diesel fuel dilution is 2%, the failure is 4%. Your van has 7.4L oil capacity so if you drained 0.75L that’s 10.1%!!!!

Have a Search on ‘fuel dilution’ and ‘oil analysis’.
It is possible that there is one or more leaking injectors - in which case the issue needs repairing. Far more likely is the common problem of fuel dilution of the engine oil due to additional fuel being injected in the DPF re-generation cycle. If this is not completely burnt it will pass the piston rings, washing the lubricating oil off on the way to the crankcase.
The fuel degrades the lubrication properties of the engine oil and will result in accelerated engine wear and premature failure.
My advice is to have an oil and filter change as soon as possible given that you have drained 0.75L off.

The oil analysis caution for diesel fuel dilution is 2%, the failure is 4%. Your van has 7.4L oil capacity so if you drained 0.75L that’s 10.1%!!!!

Thanks for your reply, I did notice when I’d posted this thread, it came up on the bottom of the page there was a thread about reduce oil.

That’s got me worried now, iv just rang vw to get it booked in to look at the possible cause and iv got a oil change on my all in plan left so I’ll ask for it to be replaced.

Back