Offset decision - worrying over nothing?

ahappychappie

T6 Guru
Hi,

Currently have Wolfrace Munichs: 18 inch, 8.5J, ET45. Tyres are 255/45/18. I'm lowered by 40mm.

Sadly one too many kerb scrapes, thus looking to replace - looking at Alkatec Evo 1 - as can get at good price. Sticking with 18", 8.5J, however offset is 35 (come in either 45 or 35).

"Standard" offset seems to be 45. After reading all the info on here (there's an awful lot) my summary is they will sit 10mm wide - am I going to regret this? Comment on 35 was "more aggressive look" - it's a Camper so don't want it to look silly... Just getting myself in a twizz on what to do!

Price is driving me to say yes, "it's only 10mm" - but don't want to look silly, or as had a few scrape with 45's will it be even worse with 35's?

Thanks in advance

I haven't seen the wheels in question but 35 would be my preference based on the wheels I researched, but this is totally subjective.

Have a search on the forum as there are quite a few posts scattered throughout different threads where people mention their ETs alongside a photo or two.

Good luck with your head scratching and don't forget to post pics when you've got them.

I have 9j wide rims with a 45mm offset, and the rims sit exactly 10mm in from the top edge of the wheel arch on the front.

8.5j wide with 35mm offset will, matmatically, sit 12.5mm in from the arch.

Thanks Mule.

I posted a thread a while back asking if anyone had them on their van, but drew a blank - they don't seem a comon wheel.

I've done lots of searching - generally couldn't see any major negatives - but all the different views does indeed get the head scratching and you start doubting yourself.

Not sure if this helps, here's a picture of wheel

product-643928_80010_900.jpg

I have 9j wide rims with a 45mm offset, and the rims sit exactly 10mm in from the top edge of the wheel arch on the front.

8.5j wide with 35mm offset will, matmatically, sit 12.5mm in from the arch.
Lol, this is where my head hurts... In terms of comparing to my current set up - I assume would literally just sit 10mm more out - other than that no difference?? So then back to my question of us would it actually make that much difference!?

Sorry for bumping my own thread.

Just hoping for a couple more "go for it, you're worrying about nothing" replies!?

Or possibly, "be wary, as you haven't thought about x, y, z"

It took me ages to decide on my original Alloys, so thought this time around would be dead easy - just this one difference - the offset - that's niggling me.

Thanks.

You could always go with the ET45s and if you don't like the look, add spacers to bring the wheels further out.

You could always go with the ET45s and if you don't like the look, add spacers to bring the wheels further out.

I've been offered the 35's for a fab price - your suggestion is a great one but it would cost me a lot more. Price is driving me to say Yes but don't want a case of buy cheap buy twice!

Thanks

Last edited:
Back