Help Me Choose Some Wheels......

You only need 103 if your on a T32. Double check the axle rating sticker in the engine bay. Take the higher number and half it. Convert this to the tyre ratings.
100 = 800kg
101 = 825kg
102 = 850kg
103 = 875kg

I did mean to put 101, but i'd typed 103 so many times, it was just in my head.

Discreetly edited :oops:

Last edited:
I have a black LWB camper T30. It's on Devonports. It has a 30m drop on Bilsteins and travelin lite splitter.
I'm likely to fit side bars or running boards in the future but want to choose the wheels next.

I am after some 18" maybe 19" wheels, 8 or 8.5j width. I don't want 20" as I want to keep a slightly more comfortable supple ride. I wonder if 19" is an accecptable compromise on the ride though the avaiblity of some load rated wheels seems reduced at this size?
They must also be correctly load rated for the van.
I think I want black gloss or matt finish but grey or anthracite are not ruled out neither is a diamond cut black / alloy combination but not alot of alloy.

Looking on tge team black I'm drawn to sportlines both the 5 spokes design and the 5 double spoke design as a safe option but I'm also liking the wolfrace assassin's. I'm looking for a sporty aggressive stance. I want to fill the arches as best I can and also widen the track by having abit of offset (is that the right word?) or the wider 8.5j if that gets the the effect?

I don't want those with lots and lots of spoke that look like bicycle wheels.

My budget is £800 for 4 wheels. Tyres are an additional cost. I'll probably go for Goodyear eagles F1.

Theres just too much choice out there so I'm hoping you guys can slim that down for me so I don't shell out on something I don't like.
IMG_0251.JPG These are Axe CS Lite 18 s running Goodyear Eagles. Load rated for T30 and from memory cost around £1100 with tyres

Lots of really useful advice from many people so thanks all!
I have diamond cut wheels on my daily driving car. Anthracite and alloy. They look great and while the car is in warranty that's good as I know BM have been swapping them out due corrosion around the hub. I'll get then changed after 2 years 10 months.
For my van might not have that luxury or want the hassle dealing with a 3rd party wheel supplier so I'm writing off diamond cut wheels ButI 'm swaying towards 19" if in sure the ride is accecptable.
19s are on my car and the ride is fine though a van maybe slightly different. Tyre on car are 255 x 35 X 19.
I like the idea that black bars help give the visual impression it's lower than it is. I'll definitely use this knowldege, thanks.

So I think Devonports are 7j wide with an offset of 55mm and tyres are 235 X 55 X r17.

For 19s (I'm using wolfrace assassin's for now to help me understand this) are 8.5j wide with an offset of 35, tyres Im looking at 255 X 40 X r19. This means (if you pardon the expression!) my rim will poke out 39mm than before.
What can you get away with on a 30 mm lowered van without tyres fouling body work and it looking like some weird open wheeled van?

I run 9" wide 19's with a 48mm offst, fitted with 245/45r19 and a 40mm suspension drop with ZERO issues. ( equivalent to an 8.5" rim with a 42mm offset in terms of poke ).

Yep, spot on ... I run 103's on a 4motion T32 .... lots of choices in 40 profile ... nowt in 35

Wow, thanks mate, that's me done then, no need to make any more changes. Maybe it's because it's early in the morning and we haven't got our banter heads switched on, but that's made my day. :)

Im a full 12 hours ahead being i’m on the otherside of the world so it was a genuine compliment ;)

When the view looks like this then it puts you in a good mood

483F1FC0-C55B-444A-8084-793F89858B6A.jpeg

Other than the fact my van seems to look like it's grown several feet longer for some reason in this pic (@PukkaT6) I think 19's are the best compromise for a LWB in Black, with a 30mm drop. 18's in my opinion look good if the van is lower than mine, 20's always look too big unless it's on air and the wheels tuck right under the arch, again just my opinion.

Black on Black can be hard to pull off without looking too Black if that makes sense, but I think other than the fact I want mine lower, it looks ok as it is, and seems to turn heads. However, my wheels were double your budget for just the rims, then you have tyres on top of that, and I couldn't find anything lower than 45 profile that was rated high enough, which wouldn't be my first choice, i'd prefer much lower profiles.

I've had anthracite on my previous Black van, but it looked a little underwhelming. I've had 3 sets of diamond cut wheels, including the ones in this picture, and i'm done with them! They look awesome, but regardless on the quality, they don't last in the UK. These current wheels did 3 months before they started looking poor, hence changing them to full gloss Black, which is much more robust, but a total nightmare to keep clean all the time, and if you are as fussy as me, you will need to clean the inners of the wheel on Gloss Black, because if not, it shows up really badly.

I personally won't be keeping these wheels on much longer, but that's just because I do too many miles for this style of wheel, and it adds over an hour to each day having to clean them properly at the moment. I have a different direction i'm thinking of going, but that's under wraps at the moment.

View attachment 20004

looking good:thumbsup:

Back