Revo Review in more detail.

what
My friend‘ has just had a Revo engine map and TVS gearbox map put on his Transporter by @BognorMotors.

He says how impressive the torque is, especially now the gearbox doesn't hunt up and down looking for the optimal gear, it just uses the wide spread of torque.
He says the boys did a great job fitting the front and rear adjustable poly bush kit too.
He’s also too thick to write a witty and informative post like @Tourershine so he’s tagging onto this thread.

As always, top work and attention to detail from Bognor Motor Services of Bognor Regis. :cool:
What's the DSG remap like. My friend has the revo map, and was asking me about the DSG remap ...

From what we’ve heard from Revo HQ I wouldn’t let any tuner map a Euro 6 102.
Would that mean that VW have used all their manufacturing capability and technical know how to squeeze 102 hp out of a 2 litre diesel engine and the engine is then at its ragged edge... still I suppose 900 lb/ft of torque isn't too bad.;)

Pendle do one for the 102 euro 6 engine - Products

He’s very precise with his mapping, more bespoke than Revo, possibly even a better product overall.

Pendle were a very close second for me, but I put my faith in Bognor previously and that’s where my loyalties lie.

REVO First for me 102BHP euro 5
Brilliant remap
Just keeps giving
Cheers Oli

what

What's the DSG remap like. My friend has the revo map, and was asking me about the DSG remap ...

It just seems more intelligent, there were so many times on the trip back from Bognor to Poole where normally the box would down change unnecessarily but now it doesn’t do it, it uses the torque instead. But at the same time previously the box would also doggedly stay in a gear and then struggle to maintain speed and you’d have to press the pedal harder and force a down change, the remap just seems to pick the right gear and make the torque so the work.
I didn’t notice any real difference in lag when pulling away, but I barely stopped at any junctions all the way home, I’ll find out a little more today what it’s like to drive around town.

Pendle do one for the 102 euro 6 engine - Products

He’s very precise with his mapping, more bespoke than Revo, possibly even a better product overall.

I know of 2 guys that have had their T6's mapped by Pendle and both report different issues, with one of them actually mentioning he was considering doing it again and that Revo offer a discount to have a previous map by a different company replaced with a Revo map.

I contacted Pendle initially, but they never replied and as I spend every waking hour replying to my own customers, no exceptions, I have a hard rule to disregard any company that I have to chase up for a simple reply.

I know of 2 guys that have had their T6's mapped by Pendle and both report different issues, with one of them actually mentioning he was considering doing it again and that Revo offer a discount to have a previous map by a different company replaced with a Revo map.

I contacted Pendle initially, but they never replied and as I spend every waking hour replying to my own customers, no exceptions, I have a hard rule to disregard any company that I have to chase up for a simple reply.

Well maybe he’s one to avoid then, he talks a good game that’s for sure.

And yeah, answer your bloody emails or don’t offer an email address.

Well maybe he’s one to avoid then, he talks a good game that’s for sure.

And yeah, answer your bloody emails or don’t offer an email address.

I'm not saying to avoid Pendle, because they are obviously a good company for those that have used them without issues. I just have a pet hate for companies that don't reply to enquiries, or say they will call you and don't.
My whole life in business has been about prioritising my customers contact, which often see's me replying to emails all night, on holiday and at weekends. It might not be ideal, but I see every email as a potential customer and probably 90% of my contact turns into a job of several hundred pounds, so forgetting to reply or just not bothering seems like throwing money down the drain to me, but as we all know, so many companies need chasing for responses.

I'm not saying to avoid Pendle, because they are obviously a good company for those that have used them without issues. I just have a pet hate for companies that don't reply to enquiries, or say they will call you and don't.
My whole life in business has been about prioritising my customers contact, which often see's me replying to emails all night, on holiday and at weekends. It might not be ideal, but I see every email as a potential customer and probably 90% of my contact turns into a job of several hundred pounds, so forgetting to reply or just not bothering seems like throwing money down the drain to me, but as we all know, so many companies need chasing for responses.

I agree 100%, that’s why I didn’t get my van from Leighton or Raceline, they don’t give even a cursory reply so I took my money elsewhere. (To another tosser, but that’s a different story :laugh:)

I've just been looking on the Revo website. the gains in torque and hp are very small for the 180 engine compared to the 204. Wonder what the reason is for this?

I just had a look myself, huge difference between the 2 motors.

Shame, i've got the 180 and am now out of warranty, but the gains don't seem great compared to the 204

I just had a look myself, huge difference between the 2 motors.

Shame, i've got the 180 and am now out of warranty, but the gains don't seem great compared to the 204

Don’t look at the headline figures, it’s the driveability, torque in places where usually there’s nothing. It’s a smoother and less choppy experience.

The map on the 180, as said above isn’t all about headline figures. Midrange torque and power is changed which really improves the driveability.

I have the baby of the group a 102bhp
Mine was remapped a few weeks ago with advice and chats with Oli
What a difference a hour or so makes, totally different beast
More fun to drive easier and better MPG

What’s yours mapped to now? I have a 102 and would consider it....TIA

He says the boys did a great job fitting the front and rear adjustable poly bush kit too.

Very subtle mate ...... I see what you did there. You know I haven't got them,, so you couldn't help yourself :laugh::laugh: ;)

Did you do it just to perfect alignment, or were you trying to firm things up a touch more as well ?? Any perceptible handling/ride differences over standard bushes??

:thumbsup:

Pendle do state on their website and facebook page that they only deal with customer's on the blower, I don't necessarily agree that's the best way to do business, all their future bookings for the time being are done through their FB page (which obviously contradicts what the website says) I've actually booked in for a pendle map at TI motorsport early July as it goes.

Very subtle mate ...... I see what you did there. You know I haven't got them,, so you couldn't help yourself :laugh::laugh: ;)

Did you do it just to perfect alignment, or were you trying to firm things up a touch more as well ?? Any perceptible handling/ride differences over standard bushes??

:thumbsup:

I got the adjustable bushes because my rear tyres still had plenty of meat in the middle and outer edge but were worn on the insides. That’s 6 tyres prematurely worn out now in 20,000 miles so I’m hoping that with a more complete alignment the tyres will all wear more evenly. No discernible difference in handling, but then again I’m old and only drive in straight lines. ;)

I got the adjustable bushes because my rear tyres still had plenty of meat in the middle and outer edge but were worn on the insides. That’s 6 tyres prematurely worn out now in 20,000 miles so I’m hoping that with a more complete alignment the tyres will all wear more evenly. No discernible difference in handling, but then again I’m old and only drive in straight lines. ;)
I get you’re Drift :rofl:

Potentially a silly question coming up..

I have 150 2017 Kombi 6 speed manual and looking into a Revo Stage 1. Mainly to aid in overtaking and general drivability. I never really 'rag it' unless overtaking but occasionally the extra performance would be nice!

My only hesitation if the potential effect on longevity of the vehicle, I presume there is some element of increased wear from the increased torque and power?

If the map is so good why does it not come out the factory from VW that way?

Might be worth a call to REVO but asking the sales team why I should buy it will only result in one answer haha! would appreciate your opinions!

Thanks

Back