Revo Review in more detail.

I've just been looking on the Revo website. the gains in torque and hp are very small for the 180 engine compared to the 204. Wonder what the reason is for this?

Cant increase HP without increasing Torque. They are linked Mathematically, horsepower equals torque multiplied by rpm. H = T x rpm/5252, where H is horsepower, T is pound-feet, rpm is how fast the engine is spinning, and 5252rpm is a constant that is where the lines for Torque and HP cross (is the same).

Only just read that, and that's why I love our meets... ;)

Just wondering how the van handles the extra power. My 204 often spins the wheels with the standard map.

I've resisted a remap purely because I think the chassis needs 4 motion if adding more power. Infact, the T should really be 4 motion as standard when getting 200bhp +

Just wondering how the van handles the extra power. My 204 often spins the wheels with the standard map.

I've resisted a remap purely because I think the chassis needs 4 motion if adding more power. Infact, the T should really be 4 motion as standard when getting 200bhp +
No it’s much more fun to spin the fronts....gives the wife something to look at......Me! :rofl:

MPG - thought some people might be interested about the real life MPG on a REVO tuned 150 Caravelle DSG.

Today I went from the south coast up to west London near Wandsworth, driving A roads, B rods, motorways, stuck in traffic, though several roadworks etc etc. So a good mix of conditions.

I covered over 150 miles and tank fill to tank fill it worked out at 41.2 mpg.

XZO - Questions, if I may:

What’s the power supposed to be post-remap and what speeds did you do on the motorways?

Cheers.

Last edited:
I have the baby of the group a 102bhp
Mine was remapped a few weeks ago with advice and chats with Oli
What a difference a hour or so makes, totally different beast
More fun to drive easier and better MPG

Last edited:
XZO - Questions, if I may:

What’s the power supposed to be post-remap and what speeds did you do on the motorways?

Cheers.
Approx 185 bhp but torque is the important part which is about 425 - 430nm.

I was doing "normal' motorway speeds

My friend‘ has just had a Revo engine map and TVS gearbox map put on his Transporter by @BognorMotors.

He says how impressive the torque is, especially now the gearbox doesn't hunt up and down looking for the optimal gear, it just uses the wide spread of torque.
He says the boys did a great job fitting the front and rear adjustable poly bush kit too.
He’s also too thick to write a witty and informative post like @Tourershine so he’s tagging onto this thread.

As always, top work and attention to detail from Bognor Motor Services of Bognor Regis. :cool:

I have the baby of the group a 102bhp
Mine was remapped a few weeks ago with advice and chats with Oli
What a difference a hour or so makes, totally different beast
More fun to drive easier and better MPG

This is on a Euro 5 engine or Euro 6 102 hp?

Revo only do a map for the Euro5 102, the Euro 6 102 turbos have issues when mapped, so they have withdrawn their software .

Last edited:
Pendle do one for the 102 euro 6 engine - Products

He’s very precise with his mapping, more bespoke than Revo, possibly even a better product overall.

Pendle were a very close second for me, but I put my faith in Bognor previously and that’s where my loyalties lie.

Pendle do one for the 102 euro 6 engine - Products

He’s very precise with his mapping, more bespoke than Revo, possibly even a better product overall.

Pendle were a very close second for me, but I put my faith in Bognor previously and that’s where my loyalties lie.
Annoyingly Revo HQ at Daventry is about 15 mile away from here in Northampton and they also have an agent with rolling road in town here whereas Pendle is blinking miles away oop North... saying that Pendle might have an agent at Market Harborough?

Back