OEM T6 LED Rear Lights With Sequential LED Indicator "retrofit"

@Robert does switching off PWM for this job mean it’s off altogether or just that it’s off for the tail lamps only?

So I've come to look at mine this morning and its already unticked so i dont have to do anything else?
ZGgmbqt.jpg

Sorry i was being completely dense yesterday and made the assumption that Lcode2 opened on the same byte i was in. I didnt even notice until you posted the picture i had gone into the wrong one!

i cant get to byte 19 in the Lcode2 screen. It only goes up to 6.
apologies again, i still dont get this. If i go into 09 cent elec and then click on long coding, then click on Lcode2 i can only get it to go from 0-6 but if i stay in long coding i can get to 19 but i only have bit4,5,6,7 that i can amend?

Your Byte 19 currently is
(00001111)2 = (0F)16
and you need to change it to
(00011111)2 = (1F)16

So using VCDS you can directly replace your Byte 19 hexadecimal value of 0F with 1F.

Reactions: mmi
Your Byte 19 currently is
(00001111)2 = (0F)16
and you need to change it to
(00011111)2 = (1F)16

So using VCDS you can directly replace your Byte 19 hexadecimal value of 0F with 1F.

Cheers Robert, i understand basic instructions so thanks for making it simple. I'm not very good with the hex part of it all! Are you aware of any guides that i can read to try and understand it better? I've been looking at the rain closing window guide and i don't understand that either, so would like to get into a bit more detail.

Thanks!

Brilliant, i understand it alot better now, I've made the changes and i understand the rain closing guide as well now so thanks. When i changed the code to 1F it put a tick in byte 4.
Well, almost ;).
It is "bit" and the number is 3 :thumbsup:.

Well, almost ;).
It is "bit" and the number is 3 :thumbsup:.
Haha ok well bit 4 ends up with a tick in it when i change the coding to 1F, i cant see whats going on in bit 3 as it doesnt show up on my long coder for some reason!

Is this possible on the T6.1 (tailgate) rears that some of us have put in?

My puddle lights on the door have the same failure look of the lamps earlier in this thread. Does the cab lighting use PWM? They run off the footwell lighting now but were previously on the door latch sensor, as you know.

• Wow
I haven't measured interior lights voltage,
maybe @mmi has.
And there seems to be only one bit in the BCM
which could be related (Byte 27 bit 1).

So could PWM also explain the high failure rate of door card projector puddle lights that @saxoboy has experienced thinking they were a bad batch?
I am not familiar with his wiring I am afraid.
Have you got wiring diagram or instructions?

Back