T6 OEM rear LED lights retrofit

Pleh

VIP Member
Hi guys, I am new owner of T6 from 2018 (2.0 TDI 110kW DSG), and I am not fully satisfied with the equipment it has, so I will be doing a lot of upgrades and ask a lot of questions here :)

First thing first, I ordered OEM rear LED light to upgrade regular ones ... can someone help me finding resistor for this, and is it plug and play (connectors)?

Thanks

Hi guys, I am new owner of T6 from 2018 (2.0 TDI 110kW DSG), and I am not fully satisfied with the equipment it has, so I will be doing a lot of upgrades and ask a lot of questions here :)

First thing first, I ordered OEM rear LED light to upgrade regular ones ... can someone help me finding resistor for this, and is it plug and play (connectors)?

Thanks
Hello and welcome to the forum.
You shouldn’t need any resistors; the LED taillamps may give a ‘bulb out’ warning but this itself can be coded out.. it’s normally an upgrade to LED numberplate lights that seems to cause this warning.
What is your current setup - tailgate or barn-doors? At most you’ll need to change the connectors, at best it’s a plug-and-play swap.

If you only have single-sided reverse and fog lights, the LED units allow for parallel lighting if you run cables between each unit.

See Retrofit T6 LED tail-lights for more info.

Hi, thanks for reply ... I have standard tailgate and one sided doors, it is Multivan. The car will be here on Friday hopefully, and I will take a look at connectors.

The taillamps come off easily enough.. loosen the torx screws and tap the unit sideways. Behind that you’ll find the connector.

Be careful when refitting that you don’t tap them back on to the body too hard, as you can crack the top edge of the lens if you do.

Back