OEM Headunit Problems [Merge]

I'm thinking mine needs replacing as the screen is sometimes unresponsive in certain areas - is this something that will get worse?
Also, if you lay the new digitiser on top of the old, is it necessary to cut out the old connector ribbon or is there room to leave it loose?
Many thanks

Mine got worse and worse over maybe 6 months, started off with a small area that was unresponsive to pretty much the whole screen freezing up

you can leave the old ribbon just folded flat against the back, I put some tape on it to stop it flapping about but don't think it needs it, I also added a bit of tape around the frame edge as that won't click shut anymore with the slightly thicker screen in it.

Not sure, I've only ever bought one, avoided the cheap chinese ones on ebay but likely the more expensive ones are still the same cheap chinese ones bought by someone in the UK and sold on, there's no way of checking that I don't think.

I got a tinted one cos some of the reviews said how it was better than the OEM one, not sure I can tell the difference :)

Thanks to everyone on here who’s contributed to this thread!
Had the same issue with my head unit screen becoming unresponsive and gradually getting worse over time.
Decided to have a go at replacing the digitiser myself with a replacement purchased from eBay and following the advice and videos posted on here.
Took me a bit more time than some members had done it in however it’s all back in and working perfectly!
The only issue I came across was not having a small enough torx bit. (Got a set from Screwfix)

I've just done mine as well - 100% success - I can now get the drop down menu to enable me to input map co ordinates - essential when using the acsi site guide - thanks to all on the forum who contributed to this post

For those who have fitted the digitiser over the existing screen do you think it would be possible to remove the self adhesive tape to reduce the thickness so that the case goes back together without the added bulk preventing the case from closing fully?

Hello,
What to do if you have this issue (Air bubbles on the screen)
I think, I need to remove the old screen.. possible ? Someone already try ?
Thank you

20240302_144417.jpg

Last edited:
For anyone thinking of replacing the digitiser, your replacement will have double sided tape around the edge, the existing one is fully bonded to the LCD screen. You can't remove it and trying to do so will break the LCD. I know :cry: s o do as @dunk says and lay the new one over the top of the old one.

/goes off to buy complete LCD and digitiser assembly......
Deaky, did you replace the full LCD ?

Got it off eBay, search using the part number on the back of the original LCD. Mine cost £230

Just followed this thread and fitted a new screen from eBay and it works a treat. Thanks all.

Hello,

Just sharing an happy news for me as I found the video with the solution for the media center touchscreen issue I've for a year and half on my T6.
I've exactly the same issue as shown in the video with the right side inactive :/

Here the whole repair process and the reference of the "touchscreen digitizer" to buy:
I'm going to buy it and make this repair asap

Sorry if that has been already shared in the 11 pages :/

Hello,

Just sharing an happy news for me as I found the video with the solution for the media center touchscreen issue I've for a year and half on my T6.
I've exactly the same issue as shown in the video with the right side inactive :/

Here the whole repair process and the reference of the "touchscreen digitizer" to buy:
I'm going to buy it and make this repair asap

Sorry if that has been already shared in the 11 pages :/
Just completed a repair on my T6 head unit. The video is spot on, just make sure you have a torx T9 and T6 before you start.

Back