New To The Caravelle And I Need Some Guidance Please

Bernie the Bolt

VIP Member
Hi everyone,

I’m looking to take the step into the VW world and purchase a Caravelle as a family vehicle as we’ve outgrown everything else we've had. I’ve seen two that I like, both Exec spec, but one has been pimped a little to give it a slightly different look and lowered by 30mm and put on 20 inch alloys (and is obviously a bit more expensive). The other is standard look and feel (and bamboo green, which I like but I'm led to believe isn’t very popular). It's a big outlay and I'm looking to keep the van for a good while so I'd really appreciate any advice on which one of the two might be more desirable in a few years from now?

Appreciate your help

Cheers

Bernie

I'm a big fan of Green T's, lovely.
A Vel Exec should already be 20mm lower than a Van/Kombi, so you may not need it lowering.
But if you did want to drop it, I think the coil-overs are a better way to go than dropped springs.
I think you will be delighted with with a Vel Exec in standard spec, and you can always personalise it at a later stage to your exact requirements; you certainly will not be struggling for ideas on this wonderful forum.:thumbsup:.
Every journey in a T6, just feels like a bit more of an adventure.

Thanks for the reply’s thus far, these are the two I’m looking at. For me it’s also important to think long term about which one will hold its value better. One is 204 and the other 150bhp, is there much difference?

A23F0339-C92D-447B-9365-70C9884F3D2D.jpeg

12AAC226-3143-4774-A858-9FBB4E83173D.jpeg

We have a green 204, I like the colour its different and when you come to park it or sell it there aren't 000's, just a few (good and bad I suppose).

Definitely go with the 204 loads of power and it's great when 'little cars' try and accelerate away and my big green bus sits in their rear view mirror then cruises passed without me even having to change gear!

They are very different, its all very personal but...........
I'm not a fan on those very large spliter/front spoilers on T6's. To me they all look "Stuck on", but many people do.
I'm also not as fan of the Exec "Cascaval" 17" wheels; the lower spec VW Devonports look far better imo
and 100% 204

It’s a funny one, if they are both execs then they will both be great specs, think I would take the bamboo green one as it’s my favourite finish on transporters and I keep seeing a green caravelle in my area and it just looks sublime seems to suit the caravelle very well with tinted glass all round, 204 will be slightly more desirable in resale but don’t see it making a huge difference on residual price (although there will obviously be some)

I agree with @Peatey bamboo green is the next best colour after Blackberry and the fact there aren't that many, to me is an advantage. The pimped out one does look nice but the money you save on the Bamboo you can put towards "pimping" it to your own taste and style. I love my van but there is a part of me that wishes I'd got a Caravelle.
Oh and 204 without a doubt so if thats the grey one then you are in a pickle.
Good luck and welcome to the club.:thumbsup:

Didn’t end to well for the BlackBerry, got written off. That’s why I have a Bamboo Green

0F7EA9CC-C7BD-49B8-9EC2-30783CED2EAC.jpeg

Back