Advice please on a new 6.1 Caravelle Executive order!

It does everything averagely. Nothing amazing. You can still lower on springs. But we have taken a few sets off and put a delete in place to run a more quality suspension setup.
I wouldn’t have it personally, and we haven’t ordered it on our Caravelle Exec as we are putting on STX coilovers.

Not that it has been brought up yet, but that will remove the possibility of a spoiler at a later date.
I believe that someone on here posted a thread. on how he modified a spoiler to accept a tailgate bike carrier! Unmodified I I understand that a carrier and spoiler are not compatible as stated above.

I am not sure that there are any benefits in having a spoiler, by all accounts they do little to keep the rear screen clear. However many do like them.

Last edited:
LED lights as standard?
If not they are the best thing you can put money towards.
LED lights are very important in my view, even if it means not having something else because of budget concerns. An absolute must! You will not regret it. There are many, many posts on here concerning poor lights. There far from easy remedies that are not always satisfactory and usually not necessarily legal either.

I have a 4Motion Executive and all wheel drive technology is so very important to me and my life. So I therefore would always suggest that some one consider if it may be something that they would find useful. It can not be fitted latter. Though you will soon find on this forum, such is the extraordinary level of expertise, that I aught not say the word never on here!:D Someone is very likely to present a vehicle that they did in their lunch break. :rofl:

I believe that someone on here posted a thread. on how he modified a spoiler to accept a tailgate bike carrier! Unmodified I I understand that a carrier and spoiler are not compatible as stated above.

I am not sure that there are any benefits in having a spoiler, by all accounts they do little to keep the rear screen clear. However many do like them.
So to confirm you cannot fit a tailgate bike rack if you have a rear spoiler fitted??

Hi all

I'm new to the forum and about to place an order on my first VW Caravelle 6.1. I’d really appreciate any advice on my spec below.

Caravelle Exec 199 TDI SWB DSG (I’m told that the 199 is no longer being made and will be upgraded to the 204ps)

1. Candy White
2. Titanium black interior
3. Navigation System Pro
4. Storage compartment pack
5. Driver Assistance Package Plus
6. Sport Styling package (not overly keen on the black 18” springfield wheels that come with this – is this pack worth it?)
7. Fuel Tank 80L
8. Drive Select & dynamic chassis control
9. Sliding window passenger side
10. Acoustic laminated glass with darkened windows in passenger compartment
11. Direct tyre pressure monitoring system
12. Prep for roof load rack

Many thanks for your time!
Hi, I have had my 199 Exec for just over a month now. This picture was taken just after ceramic coat and window tinting (I added an additional 20% tint to the factory fitted standard tint). The one option I didn't spec that I regret was the towbar (or at least preparation for one anyway). I also took off the sliding side windows and judging by comments on this forum that was a wise move as a lot of people have had them leak on their T6.1. The sports styling package wasn't an option when I ordered but by all accounts it seems like a bit of a rip off on the Exec as a lot is already standard. DCC was also a consideration but I opted not to in the end as will probably add B14 Komforts at some point (you can get B14's for the DCC but they're twice the price!). I have the Nav system Pro which I like but a lot of people seem to miss having a knob to turn (also the screen shows every finger mark so keep a microfibre cloth handy!).

After ceramic coat.jpg

@Jordy that picture is stunning and caused me some grief as I was in two minds on starlight blue and indium grey and ended up going with grey at first, luckily as I still have no build date from my early Sept order I managed to change it last week to blue. Also your wheels are now making me doubt the benefit of the black springfields contained in the sports kit on a blue van, love the Palmerstons need a build date so my order if fixed now

@jamesabell1978 to be fair it had just been polished and was under high intensity lamps which brings out the sparkle in the paint. On a dull day (such as today) the paint looks a bit drab, almost a grey-blue. Looks much better in full sun.

Neptune 1 month on.jpg

Hi, I have had my 199 Exec for just over a month now. This picture was taken just after ceramic coat and window tinting (I added an additional 20% tint to the factory fitted standard tint). The one option I didn't spec that I regret was the towbar (or at least preparation for one anyway). I also took off the sliding side windows and judging by comments on this forum that was a wise move as a lot of people have had them leak on their T6.1. The sports styling package wasn't an option when I ordered but by all accounts it seems like a bit of a rip off on the Exec as a lot is already standard. DCC was also a consideration but I opted not to in the end as will probably add B14 Komforts at some point (you can get B14's for the DCC but they're twice the price!). I have the Nav system Pro which I like but a lot of people seem to miss having a knob to turn (also the screen shows every finger mark so keep a microfibre cloth handy!).

View attachment 91329
Thanks Jordy, great feedback. I think I’m going to drop the slide window and sports pack and include tow bar and prep. I’ve specced the same alloys as yours after dropping the sport pack which came with black 18’’ springfields. Your van looks spectacular btw! ;)

Back